October 10, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Kerpen, Germany - "Tell me before it's too late!" Pomcast.biz today is pleased to announce the recent release of Disk Alarm 1.2.1, which adds the list of Volumes you want to watch in the Menu Bar. It also now deals with the main window more as a Settings window, since many things are doable without seeing this Window. While this window is show though, since version 1.2, Disk Alarm gets a Dock Icon (and Command-Switching Icon) which makes it easier to switch back. And now in version 1.2.1, when in Full Screen, Disk Alarm has a Menu Bar to more conveniently leave full screen mode. Disk alarm still alerts you with a Pop Up (as well as optionally with its sound and/or E-mail alert) whenever any of the volumes reaches the space left you specified. The menu bar item still allows to display the sum of the available free space.
Features (as of version 1.2.1):
* Add as many volume/hard drive as you want. Disk Alarm tracks more than just the boot volume.
* Add external (USB/FW/...) disks as well as Network Volumes, Time Capsule, etc.
* Supports Mail, Mailplane & Sparrow as a E-Mail Client to send E-mail alerts
* Optionally alerts with a sound, very useful when you are away from the computer screen
* Sound Level is shown and a Warning is displayed when the sound is muted, this way avoiding you to "miss" the Alarm
* See the total free space among your volumes. Pick the ones you want to see as a total in the menu bar. You might also want to only see Disk Alarm's icon, if you only need to be alerted
* Rate & Tweet about Disk Alarm if you'd like (a.k.a. "Help us spread the love, or not")
* Menu Bar item shows a list of volumes with the same green or red indicator bar that the main window
* You can as well click on the "path" either in the menu bar or in the Settings window, to open the Finder
* Runs as an agent app, close the settings window and it will still alert you
* Check manually the space if you don't want to have it automatically
* Added (optionally) to your login items so it'll always run when the computer starts
* Ability to see set the checked space in percents instead of MB/GB
Only In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (For the most part, Disk Alarm works as of 10.6.6)
* When only the Menu Item shown, Disk Alarm doesn't show a Dock Item or Menu. They appear when you show the preferences
* Full Screen support allows you to move Disk Alarm to it's dedicated space - with it's menu bar.
* Brazilian Portuguese (New in 1.2.1)
* Japanese (New in 1.2)
* Italian (new in 1.1.2)
* US English, Dutch, French, German and Spanish
* Our website is as available well in those 8 languages. Screenshots are as well available in all languages
* Disk Alarm's developer can answer your questions in English, Dutch, French, German and Spanish, but you might as well contact us in the other 3 languages.
* Mac OS X Version 10.6.6 or higher
* Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
* Intel Mac
* 1.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Disk Alarm 1.2.1 is normally $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies), but currently offered (for a limited time) at 50% of the price. Disk Alarm is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. Coupon Codes available for app review on request. We would also be very happy to organize a contest for your readers/listeners to win App Store Promo Codes. Screenshots are available as PSDs per request.
After having done contracting in iOS Development since the launch of the iPhone SDK back in 2008, Pomcast.biz finally launched its first Indie Mac App called Disk Alarm. This app, which should be the start of a series of Mac and iOS Apps, will monitor your hard drive and alert you whenever it reached a predefined (by you) free space. Copyright (C) 2011 Pomcast.biz. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.