SweetP Productions Releases Cookie 2.1.2 for Mac OS X
October 11, 2011 in Utility
[prMac.com] Surfers Paradise, Australia - Cookie v2.1.2 is available for purchase through both the the Mac App Store, and the SweetP Productions Store.
Data can be stored on your computer without you even knowing in a multitude of different formats: Cookies, Flash Cookies, Databases and local Storage.
Cookie scans your computer for all types of Cookies, from all the top browsers, and is easily configured to remove all unwanted/tracking-advertising cookies. Cookie is super easy to use, just configure it once, and take control of your sensitive personal information.
Most websites you visit will leave a small file called a 'cookie' on your computer to store information about you, and store any relevant site preferences. Most of the time this is fine, however some sites use this information to track your surfing habits for profiling/advertising purposes and more.
Flash Cookies, can potentially be even more insidious, as they can store up-to 25x more information (100Kb) than regular cookies. Flash Cookies can even be used to restore regular cookies, long after the original cookie has been deleted.
Databases, and Local Storage are generally more innocuous, and are used mainly by web applications to store data.
Cookie, helps you to manage exactly who can access information about your online activities, all in one convenient location. With a clear and intuitive interface, Cookie is a must have application for anyone serious about protecting their personal information. After an initial simple setup, Cookie requires minimal effort to keep your computer clear from unwanted data-mining.
* Live cookie updates, and removal
* Browser specific, and Global cookie whitelists (favorites) and removal
* Tracking cookie identification, and removal
* EverCookie removal
* Manage Cookies, Flash Cookies, and LocalStorage/Databases
* Setup Wizard
* One time setup, and forget
* Accessible from the system menu bar
* Highly intuitive
Whats New in version 2.1.2:
* Fixed a crash related to Firefox databases
* Fixed a crash related to Firefox cookies
* Fixed an issue with removing all non-favorites
* Fixed an issue with the Remove All non-favorite ... databases menu
* Fixed an issue with the Remove ... cache menu
* Fixed manual addition of tracking cookie definitions
* Fixed an issue with display of whitelisted/blacklisted cookies
* Fixed an issue with non-Safari whitelisted/blacklisted/tracking cookies
* Better memory management
* Fixed favorites count
Headquartered in Surfers Paradise, Australia, SweetP Productions has been providing quality software to the Mac community since 2009. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 SweetP Productions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.