October 17, 2011 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Mumbai, India - Internet Design Zone, an iOS app developer company, today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of their latest iPad app: World War II Interactive. This app is one of the most comprehensive apps in the App Store on the biggest conflict in human history: World War II. Reading a book does not do justice to World War II. A rich interactive experience with text, audio, video and photos is required, which this app provides throughout. The innovative interface, design and navigation makes learning about World War 2 a very interesting thing.
Unlike other apps, this app covers all the major battles and events in every theater of WW2 in detail. Extensive timelines for every year of the war help the user understand the sequence of events. The user can watch rare video clips, listen to famous speeches and view stunning photos. All the important leaders, weapons, conferences, major operations, etc. have been covered in detail.
The App is divided into 9 periods: events leading to the war (1918-1938), the 7 years of the war (1939-1945) and events after the war. The topics covered include rise of Hitler, German Blitzkrieg, Winter war, Battle of France, Dunkirk, Britain, North Africa, Operation Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Pearl Harbor, Holocaust, all major battles of Pacific war theater, D-Day, Burma, invasion of Italy, Germany and Japan, atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, etc. and many more.
* Beautifully designed with visuals and sounds
* Very easy to navigate, use, read and understand
* Ideal for anyone above age 10: kids, adults and WWII enthusiasts alike
* Makes learning about WWII far more interesting than reading a book
* Gives a complete overview of World War II
* Doesn't overload the user with unnecessary extra information
* All the major battles and events (from every theater of the war) are summarized in detail
* 8 extensive timelines for the events during 1918-1938 and for every month of the war from 1939-1945
* Over 600-700 photos with an exclusive Photo Features section featuring war posters, lighter moments, leaders, armaments, etc.
* More than 35 rare video clips of major battles, airplanes and events
* One can listen to the original speeches of famous Allied leaders like Churchill, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, etc.
* Features a complete index making it easy to jump to any section at any time
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 119 MB
Pricing and Availability:
World War II Interactive 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. One can watch the demo video of the World War II iPad app online.
Founded in 2004 in Mumbai, India, Internet Design Zone has been developing websites and mobile applications. It has developed more than 55 iOS apps. The company is currently developing apps for kids and adults alike. Copyright (C) 2011 Internet Design Zone. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.