October 17, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - Apple iOS device owners can now access, listen to, and post updates to their Twitter feed via Tweets Aloud 2.0, created by VoiZapp, Inc. It is the first iOS app to bring optimized state of the art text-to-speech technology to Twitter on all iOS devices, and has now been optimized to take advantage of Siri's speech recognition capabilities on the iPhone 4S.
With this new version, Tweets Aloud 2.0 users can now compose tweets for their Twitter account using their voice. The usual virtual keyboard can be used for text input on all iOS devices, while iPhone 4S users now have a microphone button next to the spacebar that allows tweets to be dictated and automatically transcribed into text via Siri's speech recognition.
Using Tweets Aloud, a user can:
* Read aloud their latest Facebook news feed posts and their associated comments in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman's voice
* Tap a keyboard icon to bring up a text entry screen to compose new tweets. On the iPhone 4S, they can even dicate their tweets
* Scroll through each post on screen or tap around to read posts at random
* Automatically switch between reading existing posts in sequence or just reading new posts as they arrive for as long as desired
* Play, pause, and skip forward/back using intuitive controls, just like the iPod
* Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
* Understand and read common computer jargon such as smiley faces and texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, happy/sad faces, etc.)
"Twitter has become part of the social fabric of our lives, and mobile has fundamentally changed the way we access and use all of our social networking services", said Dr. Robert B. Wesson, Voizapp's CEO. "You can now stay in touch with your Twitter friends and news sources while safely driving, walking, exercising - anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied. With our new Tweets Aloud 2.0, you can compose your own tweets. And if you have an iPhone 4S, you can dictate your own tweets without needing to type anything. In short, you can now have a complete Twitter experience entirely by voice."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 58.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Tweets Aloud is available in two versions - free or paid. Tweets Aloud 2.0 Pro can be downloaded from Apple's App Store for a one-time charge of $1.99. It is a complete ad-free audio/visual mobile Twitter experience that reads new posts and comments aloud as they arrive all day long, and will allow you to "talk back" to your Twitter friends by accepting tweet updates via keyboard and/or voice on the iPhone 4S. Users can try some of the core features and sample the voice for free by downloading ad-supported Tweets Aloud Lite that reads aloud the user's latest 10 news feed tweets as often as they wish.
Founded in 2010, VoiZapp Inc. is a software development company located in Austin, Texas. We have been developing software for personal computers for literally decades, from games to million-dollar professional training systems sold to governments and institutions around the world. We are now passionate about developing speech-enabled mobile software for Apple's iOS platform that powers the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Copyright (C) 2011 VoiZapp Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.