October 18, 2011 in Project Tracking (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Alec Hole Design announces the release of PreMinder 1.5, a calendar application designed to make the process of creating, editing and keeping track of events effortless. New to this version is the ability to sync with iCal calendars, including with those on iCloud or Google Calendar, allowing events on devices such as iPhones to be kept up to date easily with PreMinder.
There are two main windows in PreMinder's workspace. In the Day View window events and notes for a day can be edited. At the same time, users can see an overview of a longer time period in the Calendar window. This can display scrollable monthly, two monthly, weekly and multi-week views, or a whole year list overview.
Information entry is as simple as clicking on a date and typing. Times in an event's text are automatically recognized. Events can have their own font, size and color, while notes for a day can have multiple styles. Users can customize the Calendar window by choosing background colors, setting default text size and color and choosing whether to show full events or summaries.
Other Key features:
* Alarms can use the Growl notification system and be set to go off several times before an event.
* Multi-day banner events can be created by drag and drop, then moved and resized easily with the mouse.
* Multiple Web URLs can be assigned to an event, as well as links to local files, and these can be launched quickly from the event's contextual menu.
* Calendar views can be printed, with the option to print several months in one go.
* Birthdays, anniversaries and dates can be imported from the Address Book.
* Repeating events can be created with a wide range of options.
* Multiple calendars are supported. It is possible to restyle a whole calendar and set all events in that calendar to a certain font, size or color.
* Events can be searched for quickly using a comprehensive Find window, which can also be used to view trashed events and restore them if required.
PreMinder requires Mac OS 10.4 or higher, with Mac OS 10.5 or higher required for iCal sync.
Pricing and Availability:
PreMinder can be downloaded and tried out for free for 40 days, after which a license key must be purchased to continue use. A single user license costs 20 GBP, around $30 USD.
Based in London, United Kingdom, Alec Hole Design provides graphic design and user interface design services as well as creating software for Mac. PreMinder was created out of a desire to build a better calendar application. PreMinder (C) Alec Hole 1996-2011, SuperCard Runtime Engine (C) 1989-2011 Solutions Etcetera, WASTE Text Engine (C) 1993-2011 Marco Piovanelli. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, iPhone and iCal are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Google Calendar is a registered trademark of Google Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Growl (C) 2004 - 2011 Growl Team.