October 27, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Bucharest - In September 2011 alone, over 20 million private records worldwide have been exposed in security breaches, affecting businesses around the world. To prevent such incidents, endpoint security developer CoSoSys has released a new version of their flagship device control and data loss prevention solution, Endpoint Protector. Offering enhanced protection, increased effectiveness and the fastest implementation time in its segment, the out-of-the-box Hardware and Virtual Appliance is now available for small, medium and large companies and organizations.
The new version ensures complete control over the latest portable and mobile devices available as well as full support and protection for the latest Windows operating systems and Mac OS X versions, including Mac OS X Lion. By continuously adapting to new and highly spread security threats affecting both small businesses and large corporations, Endpoint Protector 4 focuses not only on proactively protecting company networks from data loss, leakage and theft by blocking, controlling and monitoring all ports, but also on offering complete detailed reports on the information transferred in and out of the network.
"With Endpoint Protector 4 we stay true to our goal of protecting companies of all sizes and complexity levels from all the threats posed in the modern business environment," said Roman Foeckl, CoSoSys CEO. "We make sure we offer optimum data and port control security so that companies are able to benefit from new technologies that come with instant connectivity, high mobility, large storage capacities and successfully integrate them in their existing business workflow."
Endpoint Protector 4, available as both virtual and Hardware Appliance, is designed to minimize internal threats, reduce data leakage risks and control devices connected at Windows and Macintosh endpoints. It allows IT departments to proactively take control of the devices' internal use, while tracking all data transferred in or out of the protected network and enforcing encryption of data in transit on portable devices.
The Endpoint Protector 4 Hardware Appliance is offered for a network with 50 Endpoints at 1.199,- Euros. Other models of the Hardware Appliance for smaller or larger networks are available ranging from protecting 20 endpoints to more than 5.000 endpoints.
Some of the new features in Endpoint Protector 4 are detailed below:
* Seamless integration in business processes - Endpoint Protector 4 provides high adaptability to an organization's structure (from 20 up to 5.000 computers), allowing separate control and dedicated policies for each segment. Each organizational unit's activity is closely monitored by a different administrator, shielding it from the interference of other departments and keeping data access and knowledge limited to unit employees.
* Saving time and money when the solution is installed - Reduce staff efforts required by the now easier to perform download, installation, and registration processes, including a new licensing system.
* Increased security through enhanced protection - Enforced encryption of data transferred to devices now through EasyLock 2 and TrustedDevices, security passwords for sensitive data report access, prevention against removal and security alerts setting.
* Reducing allotted resources of the security staff - Easy maintenance on the Server side through the new Live Update module, client deployment through latest Microsoft Active Directory versions and client software upgrades by a simple push of a button.
* Optimum security through enhanced stability - Better client-server communication, streamlined updates and maintenance, fast client deployment and installation.
* Enhanced protection through complex, adaptable end efficient security policies - Custom protected device categories (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, etc.), more control over policies management and more options for log file management.
* Reliable security through enhanced monitoring and policy control - Enhanced monitoring of device use, real time and offline tracing of encrypted and non-encrypted data and instant shadow copying of transferred files with EasyLock 2.
CoSoSys is specialized in network endpoint security for Windows and Mac and development of software for portable storage device enhancement. The application portfolio includes functions from password security, data synchronization and network security. CoSoSys distributes its products globally through the world’s leading hardware manufacturers, software Distributors, Resellers and directly to users.CoSoSys enjoys a continuously growing installation base of users worldwide. The company has offices in Germany, the United States and Romania.