November 1, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Inverurie, United Kingdom - Open Planet Software today is proud to introduce Smoovie for iPad. As the first stop motion app to be designed exclusively for iPad and to provide comprehensive editing capabilities, Smoovie gives users of all ages a fun and intuitive new way to create stop motion movies and share them with the world.
* Capture: Use iPad's front and rear-facing cameras to capture images straight into Smoovie. Onion skinning overlays existing frames with live video, helping to get the next frame just right. Capture more content at any time and instantly play back what's captured with no rendering required.
* Edit: Smoovie allows existing projects to be edited at any time. Cut, copy and paste individual frames or scenes with full undo support and rearrange content with drag and drop simplicity. The playback speed of individual scenes can be adjusted between 1 and 30 frames per second and a soundtrack can be added from iPad's music library.
* Share: Smoovie allows projects to be viewed on an HDTV using AirPlay and shared in high definition by publishing directly to YouTube or sending to iPad's Camera Roll.
"The iPad has revolutionized the way we learn, work and play and Smoovie for iPad complements this perfectly" said Gordon Murrison, co-founder of Open Planet Software. "It's fantastic that the power of iPad 2's new A5 processor has allowed us to create an app which can edit movies in realtime without the need for rendering.
The aspiration for Smoovie is to make it powerful enough for amateur filmmakers while keeping it simple enough for young children, and the iPad is the perfect tool with which to make this a reality. WIth iPad's intuitive multitouch gestures and Smoovie's immediately familiar environment of film strips and clapperboards, it's now easy for anyone to make amazing animations".
* Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 11.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time, Smoovie 1.0 for iPad is offered at the special introductory price of $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
Located in tranquil Inverurie, United Kingdom, Open Planet Software is a small privately held company founded in 2007 by Gordon Murrison and Gavin MacLean. After more than ten years designing, developing and managing software projects for some of the UK's largest telecoms, utility and marine companies, they founded Open Planet Software to specialize in the creation of software for Mac OS X, iPhone and iPod touch platforms. Driven by fanatical attention to detail, Open Planet Software embraces industry leading software engineering practices to ensure their applications meet the exacting standards expected by the Apple community. Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Open Planet Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.