November 14, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - This Day in Music Apps today is pleased to announce the release an immediate availability of This Day in Pink Floyd for iOS, a celebration of a band who have produced some of the most popular and moving music ever. The first and only official App for Pink Floyd, released in conjunction with their catalogue releases and approved by the band, This Day In Pink Floyd includes:
* Information on the band’s activities for every day of the year, including concert information, studio recording dates, TV performances and dates of album releases and other special events - the daily Pink Floyd almanac. Each day includes two illustrative photographs or graphics, chosen by the App at random. The image included in the text can be expanded for greater clarity.
* The fiendish Pink Floyd quiz with hundreds of interactive quiz questions, scored out of 10, with sound clips for correct, incorrect and answer scores taken from the band’s own recordings.
* Hundreds of Pink Floyd Trivia facts, accompanied by a moving ‘Dark Side Of The Moon’ graphic and one of two classic guitar riffs from the band’s own recordings.
* Song Notes for every album, including a detailed critique of every studio track released (167 in total) and every Pink Floyd album, plus non-album and miscellaneous tracks. There is also a unique link to play any Pink Floyd track contained in your own iTunes library, from within the App. Or you can instantly buy the track via iTunes.
* Features Pink Floyd graphics throughout, including newly-published photos from the band’s 1974 and 1975 tours, Storm Thorgerson graphics, and photos of Pink Floyd concert venues unique to this App.
* An embedded video – the newly-restored and rarely-seen ‘Point Me At The Sky’ - the band’s 1968 single, and their last in the UK for 11 years. The video, shot at Biggin Hill Aerodrome in Southeast London, is playable at any time within the App, plus there is a link (via WiFi and 3G) to the band’s own YouTube Channel for further clips.
* Links to the official Pink Floyd stores for all their music, merchandising and sheet music, plus Pink Floyd online and the band members’ own websites.
* Free Pink Floyd art wallpaper – two classic images from the covers of ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’ and ‘Wish You Were Here’.
* More than 100,000 words, 100 images and hours of reading content.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 95.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
This Day in Pink Floyd 1.0 is $2.99 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
This Day in Music Apps develop music apps. Compiled by the team who run the award-winning This Day In Music website, book and iPhone application. Copyright (C) 2011 This Day in Music Apps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.