November 14, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Valenciennes, France - What's a byook? A successful union between books and movies, a byook brings fascinating stories to life by incorporating pictures, animations and sound effects. These enhanced e-books improve the reader's immersion and make reading easier:
* All screens are staged, making immersion complete. The reader's implication remains at his/her height from the beginning of the story to the end.
* Image and sound suggest, your imagination does everything else. Just like in a classical book, the reader's mind is essential.
* Casually turn the pages, the story comes to life. Whether you are a curious reader or a technology freak, a byook is appreciated by all.
Byook - Little fear : 30 screens to live the fright of your life.
* Complete and original story
* Foretaste of the Byook experience
* Innovative use of Facebook
Price : 0Euro
Byook - S.Holmes : 234 screens for a breathtaking investigation.
* Complete short story by Conan Doyle
* More than 100 000 readers already
* 1st place TOP entertainment and Book
Price : $0.99 (reduced price for a limited time)
1st byook results:
"So - a good idea? Definitely. Atmospheric? A resounding yes." Now Appearing
"The first title to get the souped-up treatment is the Sherlock Holmes murder mystery The Speckled Band" Metro
"Byook's version of a Sherlock Holmes' novel is absolutely gorgeous" App Safari
"Byook takes books to the next level" Apple'n'Apps
* More than 100.000 users
* 2# Free Application
* 1# Entertainment application
* Ranking : 4.5/5 (more than 1.400 votes)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 19.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Little Fear 1.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Byook is a French company funded in 2009 by three associates from the video game industry and digital entertainment. Today, the Company employs a complete development team. Recently, we joined numerous book publishers and license holders in their migration toward digital books. Our experience in interactivity and entertainment make us identify the digital enhancements that really make sense in the enhanced e-book industry. Byooks are one of the outcomes of several years of researches in multimedia reading and interactive narration. With rich, moving and deeply innovative experiences, we aspire to introduce a true revolution in our reading habits. Copyright (C) 2011 Byook. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.