November 17, 2011 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Ghent, Belgium - Blue Crowbar Software today is pleased to announce the release of Impression 2.0, a major update to its popular watermark software for the Mac. Impression is no longer just a plug-in for iPhoto and Aperture, it's now a full-featured watermark app that adds lots of new possibilities.
"Since its initial release about two years ago, we've received a large number of feature requests, two of which were requested over and over again: the addition of export options and the ability to store frequently used watermarks as presets", said Steven Vandeweghe, Blue Crowbar's founder. "Version 2.0 is centered around these features, and adds many others to make it even more flexible and easy to use."
New features in version 2.0:
* Impression has become an app, it's no longer just a plug-in
* Optional plug-ins for using Impression with iPhoto or Aperture are available as a free download
* You can now export the watermarked photos in custom sizes and formats
* You can store different watermarks as presets to easily re-use them
* The watermark can be placed anywhere you want instead of in fixed locations
* You can create the watermark text in the app itself instead of having to use an external app like TextEdit
* Text watermarks can be scaled without degrading the quality
* The watermark can be rotated diagonally
* Impression automatically scales the watermark proportionally to the size of the photo instead of using a fixed size
* Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
* 1.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Impression 2.0 is available today on the Mac App Store. From now until the end of November, you can buy the app at an upgrade-price of $9.99 (USD). After that, the price will go back to $14.99. The plug-ins for iPhoto and Aperture can be downloaded for free from the Blue Crowbar website.
Blue Crowbar Software is a small independent software company, founded in 2008 by Steven Vandeweghe and is located in Ghent, Belgium. Its focus is on building Mac OS X and iOS apps for consumers and business, specializing in creative tools for graphic design and photography. Copyright (C) 2011 Blue Crowbar Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, Aperture and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.