November 18, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - All Apple iOS device owners can now listen to their Twitter feed and tweet back solely by voice using Tweets Aloud 3.0 created by VoiZapp, Inc. It was the first app to bring state of the art text-to-speech reading aloud technology to Twitter, and now lets you talk back to Twitter just like Siri does, but on all iOS devices, not just on the new iPhone 4S.
Tweets Aloud 3.0 now includes Nuance-based speech recognition that now enables you to speak your tweets. It reads aloud everyone you're following on Twitter, and now listens to your spoken tweets, enabling a complete, end-to-end, Twitter-by-voice experience. Just tap the microphone button on its main screen, say anything you like, and it will convert what you said to text and auto-send it to Twitter. Speak again to edit or add more to what you said before. Dictate punctuation as you like: to tweet "I think, therefore I am!" you would simply say, "I think comma therefore I am exclamation point." In the Settings screen, choose between an American or UK English accent, and turn on/off Auto-Send. Like Siri, it just works, but now on all iOS devices.
Using Tweets Aloud 3.0, a user can:
* Read aloud their latest tweets in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman's voice
* Speak tweets using Nuance-powered automatic speech recognition, complete with punctuation
* Tap a keyboard icon to bring up a text entry screen to type new tweets
* Scroll through each tweet on screen or tap around to read aloud tweets at random
* Automatically switch between reading their latest tweets in sequence or just reading new tweets as they arrive for as long as desired
* Play, pause, and skip forward/back using intuitive controls, just like the iPod
* Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
* Understand and read common computer jargon such as smiley faces and texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, happy/sad faces, etc.)
"Twitter has become part of the social fabric of our lives, and mobile has fundamentally changed the way we access and use all of our social networking services", said Dr. Robert B. Wesson, Voizapp's CEO. "You can now stay in touch with your Twitter friends and news sources while safely driving, walking, exercising - anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied. And with this new 3.0 version, you can now speak your tweets. In short, you can have a complete end-to-end Twitter experience entirely by voice."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 65 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Tweets Aloud is available in two versions - free or paid. Tweets Aloud 3.0 can be downloaded from Apple's App Store for a one-time charge of $2.99. It's a complete ad-free audio/visual mobile Facebook experience that reads new tweets aloud as they arrive all day long, and will allow you to "talk back" to your Twitter followers. Users can try some of the core features and sample its speaking voice for free by downloading ad-supported Tweets Aloud Lite that reads aloud the user's latest 10 news feed posts as often as they wish. Tweets Aloud Lite does not include any speech recognition.
Founded in 2010, VoiZapp Inc. is a software development company located in Austin, Texas. We have been developing software for personal computers for literally decades, from games to million-dollar professional training systems sold to governments and institutions around the world. We are now passionate about developing speech-enabled mobile software for Apple's iOS platform that powers the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Copyright (C) 2011 VoiZapp Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.