November 21, 2011 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Studio City, California - Independent children's app developer Squeaky Frog is pleased to announce the release of Hiding Hannah, an interactive children's book for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Developed in conjunction with Santa Monica-based Glowdot, Hiding Hannah is a story for children ages 2-5 about a girl who loves to hide. Young readers can search for the items that Hannah hides, whether they are household items or Hannah herself. Each page features several hiding spaces, and the objects are hidden in different places each time, so the experience is always different for the reader.
Hiding Hannah is narrated by Tom Kenny, the voice of TV's Spongebob Squarepants, illustrated by Sesame Workshop digital artist Melanie McColl, and written by Squeaky Frog founder Mike Johnson.
Famigo, a website dedicated to finding quality mobile applications for children, awarded Hiding Hannah 5 out of 5 stars.
* Simple-to-use interface for children
* 12 fully illustrated pages with animated hiding places to search and bonus interactive elements like working lamps and faucets
* Interactive elements flash after a time to provide clues when hints are turned on
* Mom, Dad and Hannah characters speak dialogue when touched
* Text accompanies narration to encourage young readers
* Special surprises like dancing sock monkeys
Hiding Hannah is the first release for startup Squeaky Frog, who co-developed with Glowdot, a veteran in the mobile marketplace, through the Glowdot Kids division. Glowdot is best known for their action games such as Rogue Runner and puzzlers like mentalBlock.
Another title in the 'Hiding' series will launch in early 2012.
* Compatible with iPad 1 or 2
* iPhone: 3GS or later
* iPod touch, 4th generation
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 77.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Hiding Hannah 1.0 is only $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
Squeaky Frog is an independent creator of children's mobile applications for iOS and Android. It was founded in 2011 by Mike Johnson, a producer/writer/editor and father of two, with the mission to create quality mobile entertainment for his children and others. Copyright (C) 2011 Squeaky Frog LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.