Play with photos using all ten fingers in Photo Table for iPhone/iPad
November 22, 2011 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Rochester, New York - Tap, zoom, flick, rotate, and drag photos around a virtual coffee table. Indie software developer, Paul Solt, is unveiling Photo Table, a multi-touch and interactive slideshow. Using the app, anyone can download images from Flickr and Facebook into local photo albums. It uses a natural interface with simulated physics to provide an immersive photo viewing experience.
"Too many apps use one or two fingers to interact with content. In Photo Table I wanted to use all ten fingers to move my photos around," said Solt. "We have all seen futuristic displays in movies, but no one is building the software to power that type of experience. I decided to take advantage of the multi-touch technology and discovered how fun it can be to flick photos around a simulated table using both of my hands."
The Photo Table app picks up where Solt's previous multi-touch apps have left off. It creates a simple album management system for photos. Users can drag and flick images offscreen to advance through a collection of photos. The concept of on-screen and off-screen photos has not been explored with this level of interaction. As images are flicked off screen, other images will slide onto the screen to cycle through a photo album. Users can effortlessly create collages with unlimited photos and share them with family and friends via email or Facebook.
* Multi-touch photo interaction - move anything anywhere (tap, flick, drag, zoom, rotate)
* Multiple Albums - create albums for everything
* Interactive slideshow - just press play and watch or interact
* Music playlists - add one song to an album slideshow
* Collage designer - layout photos and share on Facebook or email
* Download Web Albums - save entire albums from Facebook and Flickr
* Offscreen photos - flick images offscreen to cycle through photo albums
* Universal app - use it on your iPad and iPhone
* iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 15 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Photo Table is $4.99, and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category as a universal app. Promotional codes are available on request.
Paul Solt is an interactive graphics software developer from Rochester, NY. Copyright (C) 2011 Paul Solt. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.