Solar Walk - 3D Solar System Model Celebrates with Huge Update and Sale
November 24, 2011 in Educational
[prMac.com] Alexandria, Virginia - Vito Technology today is pleased to announce Solar Walk - 3D Solar System 1.9 for Mac OS, an update to their educational application that allows users to play with an interactive model of the Solar System and the Milky Way galaxy. The 360-degree 3D model displays planets, natural and artificial satellites, the closest stars, and the Milky Way galaxy. This update adds 3D models of man-made Earth satellites, new educational movies, multilingual subtitles, new high resolution planet textures, including stunningly beautiful texture of Mercury, clouds over Venus, and Uranus rings. Released in conjunction with Thanksgiving celebrations, the company plans giveaways, contests and special sale pricing for Solar Walk for Mac and iOS on Nov. 25 - 29 at the one dollar off price.
With the new version Solar Walk allows users to come closer to nine well-known man-made satellites orbiting the Earth. Users get to see 3D models of the Daichi, ISS, Hubble, Suzaku, Envisat, Aqua, ERBS, CORONAS-Photon, and SEASAT satellites, slowly gliding over the Earth far below. One can zoom in on any of the satellites, and fast forwarding the Time Machine to have the satellite fly around the Earth and see how it looks from space.
Vito Technology is devoted to making quality educational apps and this update is yet another step in this direction. With the latest voice-over addition everyone including children under school age can enjoy educational space travels with Solar Walk. The app reproduces astrophysical laws on screen and in the simplest way explains the most fascinating natural phenomena such as Solar eclipse, tides, Moon phases, seasonal change, zodiac cycle and more.
Extensive Solar Walk database combines the most essential information about our galaxy with the latest space imagery available. Once the app is launched, it brings you through the Milky Way galaxy to the Earth with a slight time machine fast forward to show the motion of ten most interesting man-made satellites over the surface. Tapping on any object selects it and zooms in, swiping rotates the selected object. A convenient info button brings up complete information regarding the selected object. Series of educational movies, available from the main menu with multilingual subtitles and voice-over in English. Solar Walk has about 1000 closest Stars of the Milky Way galaxy, 30 Planets and Natural Satellites of the Solar System, 9 Man-Made Satellites, and 7 Education Movies in its database.
* 3D Mode - if you have 3D glasses, you are in for a treat.
* 3D Model of the Milky Way Galaxy - you can zoom out and find out exactly how it looks and where we are in it.
* High Resolution Planets - zoom and rotate all planets and satellites to see every crater on the Moon or clouds on Venus.. Tap (i) to read info about any object.
* Satellites - detailed 3D models of the most interesting man-made satellites, with info, history, and images.
* Time Machine - how else can you show the laws of nature if not in motion.
* Educational Movies - 7 explanatory movies about the most fascinating natural phenomena such as the Solar eclipse, tides, Moon phases, season change, zodiac cycle and more with multilingual subtitles and voice-over in English.
* Search - points of interests of the Earth, the Moon, Mars, and Venus.
* Big Screen - connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen.
* No Internet connection required.
* US English, Russian, Chinese Simple (HANS), German, Italian, Japanese, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese Traditional
* Mac OS 10.6.6 or later
* 285 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Solar Walk - 3D Solar System Model 1.9 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available upon request.
Solar Walk - 3D Solar System Model 1.9
Purchase and Download
YouTube Video (Demo)
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Vito Technology Inc. is headed by CEO Victor Toporkov and has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile since it entered the mobile software market in 2001. The company's latest endeavors include iOS and Web 2.0 software development. Vito Technology won an Apple Design Award in 2010 for its Star Walk for iPad app. The company consists of two departments: Research & Development Department and Marketing Department with 30 employees in total. Copyright (C) 2011 Vito Technology Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.