December 6, 2011 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Siberia, Russia - The Alice Dev Team today is pleased to announce Spy Cam 1.1 for OS X, an update to their Utility app that allows Mac owners to use the computer's webcam to secretly record surveillance video with sound. The app can be set to automatically record movies of 5 to 60 seconds at intervals of 1 to 30 minutes. Captured video is sent to the user's free Dropbox account, and Spy Cam is password protected. Whether to identify unauthorized users, recover a stolen computer, or simply eavesdrop on others at home or office, Spy Cam is a simple, affordable solution.
For more than 30 years, ingenious developers have created software that informs the owner of a Mac if anyone else has used his or her computer. Not that office mates or family members use another's computer with malicious intent. Yet, as Mac owners become increasingly reliant on their computers for personal communications, record keeping, photos, business reports, etc., the desire to ensure privacy has grown quickly. Few security programs have been capable of informing the Mac owner who used their computer, only that it was used at a certain time. Spy Cam is an automatic, foolproof solution to identifying exactly who used an owner's computer, when, and what was said.
Many Mac owners set up their computers without a password for the sake of convenience. Many Mac users are not certain how to password protect their files. Many Mac owners do not use passwords because they trust that others will respect their privacy. And many who have passwords share them with others, or write down their passwords on paper near their machine. Whatever the reason, millions of Macs are vulnerable. Now, Spy Cam offers automatic, invisible security that is undetectable by others. Owners need not be inconvenienced with passwords, nor must they admit to any distrust of others.
* Automatically records videos (including sound) in 320240 format
* Can be completely set up and ready to put on automatic protection in just 1 minute
* Choose the recording interval you prefer: every 1/3/5/10/15/20/25/30 minutes
* Set the video clip length: 5/10/15/20/30/60 seconds
* Optimally compresses videos, and saves hard drive space
* Operates in the background using little processor power or memory
* Has a user-friendly interface
* Obeys a single master: only you know the secret password to operate Spy Cam
* Does not interfere with other auto-launch apps
* Automatically sends videos to your free Dropbox account in case of theft
* Works quickly, silently, covertly
* Costs 10 times less than a conventional video surveillance system
* Check if your child turned the computer on without permission
"Spy Cam is your own personal spy! The perfect application for private video-surveillance," stated developer and CEO Stanislav Kuptsov. "With Spy Cam, turn your Mac into a surveillance camera. If anyone sticks their nose in your computer and private life... catch them in the act!"
* U.S. English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, and Spanish
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* Webcam-equipped Mac
* 0.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Spy Cam 1.1 is only $9.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Siberia, Russia, the Alice Dev Team is a small, independent, professional software team founded in 2008 by Stanislav Kuptsov and Pavel Malay. Alice Dev designs and develops games, utilities, entertainment, and social applications for the Mac platform while aiming to create apps that give their customers joy. Copyright (C) 2011 Alice Dev Team. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.