Bible Audio Pronunciations iPhone App Expands Library
December 12, 2011 in Reference
[prMac.com] Waldorf, Maryland - The Bible Audio Pronunciations iPhone application has expanded the size of its library from 1,000 words to 2,400. Ultimately, the app will contain every proper noun in the Bible, approximately 7,000 words. The app plays recordings of terms, names, and places that many people find difficult to pronounce. The app can be especially helpful with unfamiliar Biblical names such as Apharsathcite and Bescaspasmys.
"We wanted to give people an easy tool to raise their level of understanding and enjoyment from reading the Bible," said Michael Vance, developer of the app. "It will speak out loud some of its most difficult words."
The 2,400 audio clips were carefully researched and recorded to give listeners a clear answer to their pronunciation questions. Thanks to the portability of the iPhone and iPad devices, the Bible Audio Pronunciations app is designed to be used at home, church, or with others.
Features of the Bible Audio Pronunciations app include:
* 2,400 audio recordings - Users can hear spoken pronunciations for a wide range of Bible words and names, including important church and historical leaders
* Search or browse for words - After locating the term, users can tap it to hear a recording read aloud
* Carefully researched and recorded - Clear audio recordings allow users to quickly find answers to their pronunciation questions
* Continually updated - New words and pronunciations will be added on a regular basis
* Additional research tools - Links to Google and Wikipedia within the app direct readers to more information about the Bible words
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 15.5 MB
Pricing and availability:
Bible Audio Pronunciations is currently available for sale worldwide through the App Store in the Reference category for $1.99 USD. A free version, Bible Audio Pronunciations Lite, contains 400 words and is also available in the App Store. The app is also set to be released for Android in 2012.
Based in Waldorf, Maryland, Bible Audio Pronunciations specializes in creating applications for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Their goal is to provide a comprehensive and accessible pronunciation guide to the Bible. Copyright (C) 2011 Bible Audio Pronunciations. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.