NeoFinder 6.0 - Complete Rewrite, formerly known as CDFinder
December 12, 2011 in Disk Cataloging
[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner has released NeoFinder 6.0, a complete rewrite of the popular CDFinder disk cataloger. It has a new name, new icon, and beautiful new user interface. With the new Smart Folders, Albums, fully integrated Inspector and Map, NeoFinder makes it easier than ever to keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, on hard disks, CDROMs, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, server disks, and any other digital media.
New features in NeoFinder include:
* New Icon
* Everything in one window, but you can of course view catalogs, folders, or albums in separate windows for much better workflow as well
* New Column mode, to complete Icon and List mode
* Fully integrated Inspector
* Fully integrated map with GeoFinder
* New Wikipedia Inspector for items with GPS geotags
* Super-fast multi-core Find engine
* Smart Folders
* New powerful Find Editor has more options
* Albums, to keep interesting items together
* Better Browser-like navigation
* Massively improved Audio-CD cataloging: Reads ISRC, MCN, and CD-TEXT from the disk, uses MusicBrainz for track titles
* New Importers for Canto Cumulus and MediaDex CRE files, for WhereIsIt for Windows XML files, DiskCatalogMaker Export files, and Tolis BRU Tape Backup report files
* Importer for iView MediaPro and Expression Media XML files now integrated
* NeoFinder now catalogs, displays, and searches OpenMeta keywords!
* AutoUpdater: Update your catalogs with a time schedule (requires business License)
* Faster cataloging of photos
Metadata - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP. All these are clearly arranged in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed.
Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 52,000 customers in 90 countries around the world are using CDFinder and noww NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Universal Binary (PowerPC and Intel Macs)
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, or 10.7 Lion
* Previous CDFinder versions for older Mac OS operating systems are also available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2011 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
+49 2663 91 70 128