December 13, 2011 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] Marina del Rey, California - Amuse, Inc. today is pleased to announce My Living Desktop 5.0.1 for Mac OS X, an upgrade to their critically acclaimed application that includes dozens of unique, high definition videos to create soothing visual and aural environments on the Macs desktop. In addition to videos of natural beauty shot from all over the globe, the application also allows the user to import their own home movies. The current upgrade, in which the app has been entirely redesigned from the ground up, includes many interface and functional improvements, plus full compatibility with Lion, OS X 10.7. Featuring programmable serenity breaks, desktop and screensaver video, intelligent video randomization, auto-disable and auto-mute, and battery conservation, the app brings a sense of serenity and artistry to an otherwise static desktop.
Amuse also offers a wide variety of additional video desktops, which may be purchased individually or in ScenePaks from their Scene Store. New scenes have been added to the Scene Store recently, just in time for the holidays. Optional additional scenes and ScenePaks bring to over 100 the total scenes available for My Living Desktop, and users are sure to find exactly the kind of scene with which to personalize their desktop.
* My Living Desktop is a unique cross between a Video Desktop (moving wallpaper) and a traditional Screensaver
* 28 visually stunning, relaxing, high definition video scenes create a personalized desktop
* Scene Importer allows the user's own home videos to play as video desktops or as screensavers
* Auto-mute function automatically disables sounds when listening to music or other sound
* Auto-disable function automatically disables desktop video when viewing DVDs or other video content
* Conserve battery option auto-disables My Living Desktop when running on battery power and re-enables it when on AC
* Automatic Serenity Breaks may be scheduled to remind users when to take needed breaks
My Living Desktop provides a user experience of an entirely different order than just the traditional selection of static desktops and artificial looking screensavers. The screen, that entity which commands the user's attention for many hours each day, is suddenly transformed into a window of some of Nature's most glorious moments, captured in crisp video and immersive sound. The desktop, the virtual desktop on which rest stacks of virtual folders, is no longer static, fixed, unchanging. My Living Desktop brings the Mac owner something they may have never realized was missing - gentle movement, gradual change, wonderful patterns, life in gentle motion.
Version 5 includes a complete redesign of the GUI, making it easier to use and navigate. For example, all scenes are viewed as slides in a light box. The user can view many scenes at a glance, and clicking any slide immediately plays the mini-movie. Mousing over the slide reveals the Title and Source of the movie, and new option buttons allow the movie to be added to the queue of scenes used in any of the app's three functional modes: Desktop, Screensaver, and Serenity Breaks.
In addition, Version 5 has built-in support for multiple screen playback, an oft requested feature from users, allowing different movies on each screen. Scenes may now be gathered into Collections, user defined categories based on mood or content. My Living Desktop 5 now works on any number of Desktop and Spaces and works seamlessly with Lion's Mission Control. Over 100 Scenes are now available in the Scene Store in addition to the 28 Scenes included with the app. Many more Scenes are on their way, so users will never tire of their desktop again. The app represents more than a year's effort to deliver the latest and greatest in under-the-hood Mac efficiency and technology.
Since 2005 Amuse, Inc. has continually expanded My Living Desktop's feature set and Scene library, and has earned accolades from both reviewers and tens of thousands of Mac users around the world. A free trial version of My Living Desktop is easily downloaded and the company backs the software with a thirty-day money back guarantee. The eyes of millions of Mac users are glued to their screens every day and for most, the image of the desktop is unnoticed and mute, but for fortunate users of My Living Desktop it is an unexpected source of pleasure, tranquility, and art, all in motion.
Included Video Desktops and Themes:
* Animals & Insects - Egret, Monarch Mania (butterflies), Mother & Daughter (seagulls)
* Autumn - Autumn Stream
* Black & White - Petrology (diamonds in water)
* Cityscapes - Fun Zone (Ferris wheel)
* Clouds - Golden Sunset, In No Time (palm trees at sunset), Smooth Clouds, Vacation Skies
* Farms - Farm Gate
* Flowers - Delicate Balance (lotus), Pretty in Pink (roses)
* Forest - Lushness (tropical rain forest)
* Landmarks - Independence Day (fireworks), Peace
* Ocean - Beach Tree, Reef, Reflections (surf), Serene Saver (seashore at sunset), Tide Pool
* Spiritual - Embers, Swiss Alps, Thai Temple
* Streams - Reflections from the Canals, Scottish Loch
* Waterfalls - Grotto Falls
"My Living Desktop provides a unique way to personalize your Mac," stated Kevin Kachikian, My Living Desktop developer. "Choose any of our quality crafted Scenes or create your own scenes to customize your Mac just the way you like."
* OS X version 10.6 and later
* Intel processor with 1GB of RAM or more
* 1 GB of available hard disk space
Pricing and Availability:
My Living Desktop 5.0.1 is $29.95 (USD) for a single computer license and is available for purchase and download directly from the Amuse website.
Based in beautiful Marina del Rey, California, Amuse, Inc. is a privately held company founded in 2005 by a longtime Mac developer with award-winning software titles and over 25 years of Macintosh experience. Amuse was founded for the purpose of bringing unique desktop innovations and solutions to the Mac platform, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Amuse is recognized for and holds various patents on innovative technologies. Copyright (C) 2011 Amuse. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.