December 16, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Munich, Germany - Linguatec Language Technologies today is pleased to announce Listen2Mail 1.2.0 for iOS, an update to their Productivity app that reads emails from the user's inbox aloud in any one of 21 major languages. The app features professional quality voice output with 32 online voices, 20 female, and 12 male speakers. Listen2Mail accommodates multiple email accounts and can be set to read only emails from approved senders. In its automatic mode, the app is ideal for listening to email messages while driving, exercising, or cooking. An active Internet connection is required for Listen2Mail to read emails aloud.
Listen2Mail is extremely useful for those who spend hours a day in their car or truck. When set to automatic mode, users do not need to touch their device or look at the display. That is why it is completely legal to use Listen2Mail while driving. And the app may be set up to read every new email as it arrives. In manual mode, users only have to tap on the Home-Button, and new emails will be read aloud. Listen2Mail includes the following functions for reading emails: Pause, Repeat, Skip Current, and Skip All New.
Listen2Mail features intelligent filtering of messages. Users can set no filters and have all messages read aloud, or they can limit read messages to those in their iOS Contacts list and/or the app's built-in contact list. Listen2Mail does not access the email addresses or contacts stored on the user's mobile device. No data is saved or passed on to third parties.
* Reads emails in 21 languages with 32 different male or female voices, the same voices as in the well-known Voice Reader App
* When set to automatic mode, users do not need to touch the device or look at the display
* Reads emails from all providers who support the standard, IMAP protocol
* Emails from different providers can be read aloud
* Using the filter settings users can select which emails should be read aloud
* All emails that have been read aloud are available as an audio file
* Pleasant male and female voices with extraordinarily natural pronunciation
* Reads aloud in: Danish, German, English (UK + US), Finnish, French (France + Canada), Greek, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil + Portugal), Russian, Swedish, Spanish (Spain + Mexico), Czech, Turkish, and Hungarian
On launch in portrait orientation, Listen2Mail displays its main screen, which is filled with a large, blue, computer eye, reminiscent of the HAL 9000 in the film "2001: A Space Odyssey." The animated, pulsating eye acts as the manual control panel: tap once to check for new emails, tap on the email icon in the eye to read new emails, tap on the vertical bars to pause playback, tap on the right arrow to continue reading, two-finger tap to replay the current message, swipe left to right to skip the current message, and shake the mobile device to skip all messages.
The app offers a wide variety of settings to customize use:
* Specify the maximum number of words (between 50 and 1,000) to be read (per email)
* Define the maximum memory size for storing the audio files (10 MB - 1 GB)
* Set up the email retrieval interval individually as required (several options ranging from every minute to every hour)
* The Auto-Lock for the mobile device can be deactivated directly in the application
* Pre-defined settings for MobileMe, Google Mail, Yahoo!, AOL, and T-Online
* Manual set-up for any standard, IMAP email service
* Automatic or manual language selection
* Supports a variety of gestures: tapping, tapping with 2 fingers, swiping, and shaking
"It may be illegal to use your cell phone while driving, but in the automatic mode, Listen2Mail lets you easily check your email by having it read aloud as you drive," stated Linguatec's Marketing Manager, Annette Busch. "This app uses the same highly respected technology as our flagship, Voice Reader Text to Speech for iOS."
Language Text Support:
* U.S. English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 5 tested)
* Internet connection required
* 3.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Listen2Mail 1.2.0 will be on sale for $0.99 from Dec. 16 -18, after which the normal price will apply. Listen2Mail 1.2.0 is only $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Munich, Germany, Linguatec Company develops software for the PC in the areas of translation, voice recognition and voice output, and they are internationally known for their desktop products Personal Translator, Voice Pro and Voice Reader. Copyright (C) 2011 Linguatec Company. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.