December 16, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Phoenix, Arizona - TinkR' Labs releases new update to the Navajo Toddler app for the iPhone and iPad that includes initial memory game. The Navajo Toddler App is designed for children ages 2 to 9 to learn to speak the Navajo language through the use of interactive visual flashcards, audio, and gameplay lessons.
The use of the app will introduce children to basic Navajo vocabulary in categories such as numbers, food, colors, body parts, common sayings, and animals. Children can flip through the fun illustrated flash cards for a visual association of the word and listen to the audio pronunciation of each word to get familiar with how the word is spoken. Once a child becomes familiar with the words they can play a visual and audio game that will give them three fun illustrations to choose from and one word in Navajo to increase there memory of words and pronunciation. The game is random and kids can keep playing an increase their knowledge of the language.
How to play:
* Select a lesson or category
* Swipe from image to image and tap on the image to listen to the native Navajo speaker
* Have you child repeat the word in Navajo to practice pronunciation
* Watch as your child enjoys learning the Navajo language
* Select play
* Listen to the native Navajo speaker say the word
* Click on one of the three images that match the word
* After selecting the correct word and getting feedback, a new word and set of images will appear
* Your child can keep playing and become more and more familiar with each word and pronunciation
"Roxy started to learn Navajo using this iPhone app that I purchased. It's by TinkR' Labs and we love it. Roxy is now 22 months old and she enjoys scrolling through each lesson and repeating the Navajo voice. Her favorite lesson is Body Parts,"Roxy's mother says.
Additional features and lessons coming soon.
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Navajo Toddler is free exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. More lessons and features will be available soon.
Located in Phoenix, Arizona, TinkR' Labs is a start up company focusing on educational applications for children on mobile platforms such as iOS and Android. Copyright (C) 2011 tinkR' labs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.