January 3, 2012 in Utility
[prMac.com] Monroe, New York - Appatit today is pleased to announce Zoom It 1.0 for OS X, their new Utility that allows users to easily view their Mac's screen through a virtual magnifying glass. Ideal for artists, designers, engineers, photographers, presenters, project collaborators, laptop users, and those who wear corrective lenses, Zoom It is a simple Menu Item, which for many Mac owners, can significantly enhance the usability of every one of their applications. Far superior in flexibility and convenience to the screen zoom built into OS X, the app's virtual loupe can magnify from 5-45% of the screen and up to a maximum of 5x.
The on-screen magnifier in Zoom It is always available to provide a closer look at whatever the user is doing on their Mac. The magnifier, with a circular or rectangular shape, can be effortlessly accessed through simple keyboard shortcuts that do not interfere with any shortcuts, commands, trackpad controls, or mouse buttons the user may be accustomed to. Alternatively, the app's magnifying glass icon in the Menu Bar can open to display a drop-down menu of commands and preferences. Users maintain the ability to click, type, or select inside the magnified area.
Applications with numerous palettes, tools, controls, and design elements, such as drawing, painting, CAD/CAM, 3D graphics & animation, and design & layout software will all benefit from the ability to Zoom It, anytime. Project collaborators will especially like the app's feature that allows saving and sharing detailed, close-up screen shots. And presenters will find Zoom It's realistic, on-screen magnifying glass the perfect means of highlighting any part of a screen viewed by an audience. With 5-Star ratings from MacUpdate and HotMacApps, this is one simple, inexpensive Utility that every Mac owner should consider acquiring.
* Set the app to open when you start your Mac so that the magnifying loupe is always available but stays hidden until you want to use it
* Use all of your usual keyboard shortcuts, trackpad controls, and mouse clicks at the same time as the loupe
* Show the loupe temporarily with a simple keyboard shortcut
* Keep the temporary loupe on-screen just by holding the Z key, and make it disappear by simply releasing the key
* Use a simple shortcut to make the loupe stay on-screen permanently, without holding the Z key
* Click, type, and select inside the magnified area
* Choose between a round or rectangular loupe
* Quickly change the size of the loupe
* Easily adjust the amount of magnification, up to 500%
* Customize keyboard shortcuts for all Zoom It functions
* Take a screenshot of what the Zoom It loupe is showing (with or without the loupe border)
Appatit co-owners Joel Kraus and Moshe Samet recently commented, "We are a couple of artists, strong believers in the Mac platform. After doing graphic design for many years, we piled up ideas on how to make life easier on the computer, from the end user's point of view. Zoom It, a simple utility that does one thing very well, has become our flagship app."
* Mac OS X 10.5 or later
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Zoom It 1.0 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category.
Located in Monroe, New York and founded in 2011, Appatit develops easy-to-use utility and productivity applications. Co-owners Joel Kraus and Moshe Samet strive to make people's lives easier on the computer by creating apps and utilities. Working with the end user in mind, they are designing their apps to be very customizable, user-friendly, almost intuitive, and without clutter. Copyright (C) 2012 Appatit Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.