Corpus Collusion Launches The Recipe Box To Go App for iPhone
January 12, 2012 in Lifestyle
[prMac.com] Oakland, California - Corpus Collusion is proud to announce its new The Recipe Box To Go! App for iPhone and iPod touch is now available on the App Store. The app lets cooks take recipes with them on the go and easily share them with friends.
The Recipe Box To Go! works well both as a companion app to The Recipe Box App for iPad or as a stand-alone kitchen helper for iPhone and iPod touch with the same powerful search, easy entry and gorgeous layout as its bigger sister. Shopping, sharing and swapping are all more convenient with a handheld recipe manager. Crisp Retina Display graphics make managing recipes and preparing meals a delight.
Also today, Corpus Collusion announces a major update to the original The Recipe Box App for iPad, which includes a new feature called Recipe Link that allows foodies to sync their favorite recipes between theirs or their friends' iPad, iPhone and iPod touch over the same local WiFi network. Users can share a single recipe, a found set or their entire collection. Recipe Link sends all information, including photos, to the other device instantly. Receiving devices check for duplicates and approve the import. Recipe Link protects privacy by only sharing what the user chooses - other users can't browse for content. No more importing via email with its size limitations.
iPhone 4S users can enter recipes with the voice dictation feature, then Recipe Link them to their iPad for larger viewing.
The Recipe Link feature is available both in The Recipe Box App and in the new The Recipe Box To Go! App.
"Our customers love the way their recipes look on their iPads, and have been asking for a version for iPhone and iPod touch," said software architect and company co-founder Kathy Tafel. "Now they can take their recipes to go, and not only keep their iPad, iPhone and iPod touch in sync, but share recipes with friends. It's so easy to input a recipe on iPad, Recipe Link it to iPhone or iPod touch, and then take it shopping."
"Users have told us that they really cherish their family recipes. Food preparation is an expression of who they are, where they're from... their culture. They love that they can keep them all together in an attractive and practical medium," said visual designer and company co-founder Vibrata Chromodoris. "We're helping to give those recipes some well deserved dignity."
Key features include:
* Keep recipes or recipe collections in sync across iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Share recipes with other The Recipe Box users
* Share a single recipe, a found set, or entire collection
* User controls what gets shared and received
* Requires both devices to be connected to same local WiFi network
* Focus on ingredients and instructions with no-distractions cook layout
* Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
* Delightful print and email layouts
* Incorporates AirPlay allowing users to watch videos on their big screen via Apple TV
* Enter recipes from any website, email or digital document with copy and paste
* Use The Recipe Box keyboard to tap in shortcuts for cooking terms (iPad only)
* Add photos and video
* Write notes while cooking
* iPhone 4S users can enter recipes using the voice dictation feature
* Search for multiple ingredients in powerful search bar
* Keep a bookmarks list and instantly track history
* Email or print ingredients as a shopping list
* Customize cookbook sections with categories
* Access recipes without an Internet connection
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 12.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Recipe Box To Go 1.0.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. The Recipe Box is also available for for $3.99 in the Lifestyle category.
Corpus Collusion was founded in 2009 to develop smart software for iOS devices - offerings both stylish and ingenious. Company co-founder Kathy Tafel is a Mac industry innovator with nearly a decade of experience at Apple. Company co-founder Vibrata Chromodoris is a fine artist whose work has been seen around the world. Copyright (C) 2012 Corpus Collusion. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.