Sprightly Software Releases Screen Ruler 2 for Mac
January 17, 2012 in Utility
[prMac.com] Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada - Sprightly Software today is thrilled to announce Screen Ruler 2 for Mac OS X, an update to their simple, yet powerful utility for working with on-screen graphics. Take accurate measurements anywhere on-screen, even across multiple displays. New in version 2, a completely redesigned user interface, the ability to run Screen Ruler from the menu bar, and Screen Ruler can now measure in mm, cm, and inches, in addition to measuring pixels.
The Box Measurement Tool provides a way to get the exact pixel width and height of an area anywhere on your display. The Line Measurement Tool determines the length between any two pixels. The Color Picker provides an easy way to obtain a web-ready hex color, or Core Graphics compatible RGB fraction from anywhere on your display. The Grab Image Tool allows one to take a screenshot of anything on-screen.
* An intuitive, easy-to-use, no-clutter interface
* Can be run in the Dock or in the menu bar
* Take accurate measurements anywhere on-screen, even across multiple displays
* Two methods to measure: click and drag, or click-move-click
* Proportional measurements can be obtained by holding the shift key
* Easy keyboard shortcuts for initiating measurements, picking a color, taking screenshots, and quickly copying width, height, length, color, and image data
* No lingering rulers after taking a measurement
* Works with multiple displays
* Compatible with Mac OS Snow Leopard (10.6) and Lion (10.7)
New in version 2:
* Screen Ruler can now be run in the menu bar. A new option in Preferences allows one to enable this, as well as a launch-at-login option. (Our most requested feature)
* Screen Ruler can now measure in pixels, mm, cm, inches, and a custom unit, configureable in Preferences. (Our second most requested feature)
* A completely redesigned user interface with new tool icons and a new compact view has been added.
* Screen Rulers features can now be accessed from its dock menu.
* Holding the shift key when making box or line measurements keeps the measurements proportional.
* The box measurement tool features ruler graphics in the top left corner, with measurement indicators at 5 and 25 pixels. This can be disabled in Preferences if the older style measurement box is preferred.
* Corrected a bug where the selection of the grab image tool was one pixel too short.
* The grab image tool now also lists the grabbed image's width and height.
* An option to run Screen Ruler only on the main display has been added. This should help address problems some users are having on certain multi-display configurations, while we work on a more complete solution for future versions.
Screen Ruler is a great utility for anyone that works with digital graphics, including: web designers, graphic artists, and programmers.
* Mac OS 10.6.6 or higher
* 1.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Screen Ruler 2.0 sells for $9.99 (USD) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics & Design category.
Founded in 2009, Sprightly Software is a energetic, enterprising software developer based on the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia, Canada that develops business, entertainment, and design software for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac. Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Sprightly Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.