January 18, 2012 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Eternal Storms Software, creator of popular Mac software ScreenFloat, a productivity app that creates screenshots that float above all windows to keep a piece of information visible at all times and flickery, a flickr desktop client, today announced the immediate availability of Yoink 2.0 - an upgrade to their popular drag and drop helper app for OS X Lion. This application provides a small window for dragging files to, so to simplify dragging files between spaces, fullscreen apps or between Finder windows.
Drag'n'dropping files in OS X Lion, especially between different spaces or fullscreen applications can be very cumbersome. Yoink provides a small window at the left or right edge of your screen every time the user starts dragging something (like a file from Finder or an image from a website) so they can drop it onto it. This frees up the mouse to freely and easily navigate between spaces, fullscreen apps or different windows without the drag being lost. Once the user has reached the desired destination of the drop, they can pick up the files from Yoink and drag them from there to the targeted window or application.
A short screencast is available at the website to better demonstrate how Yoink works.
What's new in Yoink 2.0?
* Yoink now accepts content from applications - like images from websites, text from text documents and more
* File Stacks: If several files are dropped onto Yoink in one drag, Yoink (optionally) combines them to one item to make dragging them all out at once easier
* Yoink's window can now be shown with a hotkey (by default, F5) to offer a way to drag files from the Dock's Stacks, iTunes and other applications that don't trigger Yoink for technical reasons
* More positions for Yoink's window - the window can now be pinned to the bottom or top of the edge of your screen
* Improved support for multiple monitor setups
* Nicer graphics and UI elements
"The initial release of Yoink was overwhelmingly well received by our customers." said Matthias Gansrigler, founder of Eternal Storms Software. "We got lots of feedback and requests for this 2.0 release and I hope we can satisfy them with this upgrade."
Pricing and Availability
Yoink 2.0 is exclusively available on the Mac App Store for $2.99/Euro2.39. It requires OS X Lion. A free, fully functional 15-day trial is available for download at the website.
Eternal Storms Software is a one-man software company located in Vienna, Austria, Europe. Their portfolio of software reaches from quality freeware/donationware software like GimmeSomeTune, HierarchicalDock and PresentYourApps to shareware applications like flickery, a desktop flickr client for Mac OS X. "For your computer, all that matters is good software." Copyright (C) 2012 Eternal Storms Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.