January 31, 2012 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Tucson, Arizona - Selznick Scientific Software today announces PasswordWallet 4.7 for Mac OS X and version 4.7 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, updates to their best-selling password management solution. The apps allow users to automatically share all of their passwords between their Mac, iPhone, MobileMe, and Dropbox, as well as their Windows, Android, Windows Mobile, and Palm Pre devices. Simple and secure, PasswordWallet encrypts and stores passwords and other private information in one convenient location.
PasswordWallet for the iPhone features encrypted exports, and the industry's most flexible Backup and Restore functionality that requires no special software, not even iTunes. Simple and secure, it encrypts and stores data and information all in one convenient location: passwords, usernames, PIN numbers, combinations, personal notes and more.
The application's Auto-Typing feature fills in the required username and password, allowing users to quickly login to any previously visited website. Auto-Typing is system-wide, so it works anywhere: security dialogs, keychain, software registration screens, and even terminal.
PasswordWallet makes it easy for users to lock and unlock all of their passwords with a single master password. They can even save web addresses, and PasswordWallet will launch the default browser automatically. Usernames or passwords that are copied to the clipboard are cleared automatically after they are pasted.
* Retrieve passwords quickly and effortlessly
* Access passwords, usernames, and other private info with a single master password
* Synchronize passwords from a Mac to an iPhone or iPod touch
* Share passwords between a Mac, Palm, Windows Mobile, or Android compatible device
* Fill usernames and passwords with PasswordWallet's unique "works-anywhere" Auto-Typing technology
* Backup and restore iPhone data with no special software (not even iTunes)
* Enter multiple usernames and passwords across multiple web pages with Auto-Typing
* Uses BlowFish encryption algorithm with 448-bit keys to protect data
* Passwords copied to the clipboard are automatically deleted after they are pasted
* The master password can be kept in the Mac OS X keychain (Mac OS X only)
* Organize passwords into an unlimited number of user-defined categories
* Compatible with Windows XP through Windows 7
* Network Synchronization Wizard enables one touch sync between multiple devices
* Full Dropbox synchronization support via Dropbox Tokens
* Personalize synchronization preferences
* Advanced auto-fill of username and password for web sites
* Integrated help function is always available
New in Version 4.7 for Mac OS X:
* New, stylish, customizable toolbar
* New synchronization options allows synchronization to be easily configured
* Improved support for Bonjour Service Discovery
* Instant access to synchronization state from inside document window
* Silky smooth animations when expanding password data
* Closing open editor windows during sync
* PasswordWallet is now available in Chinese!
New in Version 4.7 for iOS:
* Improved discovery via Bonjour for direct synchronizations
* Improved Wallet Manager to easily backup & restore all of your wallets
* Lots of usability enhancements
* PasswordWallet is now available in Chinese!
"These days it's impossible to keep all our sensitive, personal information in our heads," asserted PasswordWallet creator Sanford Selznick. "And you can't write it all down, because it can easily get into the wrong hands. With PasswordWallet, one master password locks and unlocks all your private information anytime, anywhere."
* U.S. English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, French, Spanish, German
Mac OS X System Requirements:
* Mac OS X 10.5 or later
* 14.3 MB
iOS Device Requirements
* iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
* iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 5 tested)
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 3.4 MB
Other Devices Requirements:
* Windows Mobile 5 or later
* Palm Pre 1.0 or later
* Palm OS 3.1.3 or later
Pricing and Availability:
PasswordWallet 4.7 for Mac is $20.00 (USD) and is also available as a free trial download directly from Selznick Scientific Software; owners of version 4.x can upgrade free; and the upgrade is $15 for version 3.x owners. PasswordWallet 4.7 for iPhone is $4.99 (including a coupon for 25% off the Mac version), and is available exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Versions for both the Palm Pre and the Android are included free with PasswordWallet for Mac. Version 4.5.0 for Windows Mobile is priced at $14.00, and version 4.0.5 for the Palm Classic is $15.00. Discounted upgrades are available for qualified users. Review copies available on request.
Headquartered in sunny Tucson, Arizona, Selznick Scientific Software, LLC is a privately held company founded in 1998 by Sanford Selznick. With over 24 years experience as a developer, Sanford's aim is to develop unique and useful utilities for the Macintosh, Windows and Mobile platforms, with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright (C) 1998-2012 Selznick Scientific Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, Mac, iPhone, and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc. Android is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. Palm is a registered trademark of Palm, Inc., and Dropbox is a registered trademark of Dropbox, Inc. Other registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.