EditShare Prepares for NAB 2012
February 3, 2012 in Announcements
[prMac.com] Boston, Massachusetts - EditShare, the technology leader in shared media storage and end-to-end tapeless workflow solutions, today announced its plans for the NAB 2012 exhibition held in Las Vegas, NV from April 16 - 19 (stand SL9020). EditShare will showcase its entire product line-up and highlight advancements in storage performance, seamless file migration across storage tiers, enhanced file and metadata management, and new enterprise capabilities, including distributed processing for large-scale file ingest and proxy rendering, and system-wide workflow monitoring from ingest to archive. "Collaboration, high performance, efficiency and cost-effectiveness are at the heart of everything we do, starting with our shared storage platform. The newest features and capabilities in our end-to-end workflow build on that approach. Whether you are ingesting or archiving, searching for media or playing it out, our integrated production tools make it easy to get your job done and to manage any format and any workflow. This gives our customers a tremendous competitive edge," comments Andy Liebman, Founder and CEO of EditShare. "We are looking forward to sharing our latest innovations at the big show and celebrating alongside our customers, the successes of their projects powered by EditShare."
Highlights of the EditShare Tapeless Workflow:
EditShare seamlessly integrates high-performance shared storage solutions - XStream, Energy and Metro - with video capture / asset management - MAM (EditShare Geevs/Flow), editing (Lightworks), archiving (EditShare Ark) and playout (Geevs) - to offer broadcast and post-production professionals a productivity-enhancing, end-to-end tapeless workflow. With powerful capture, logging, searching, sequence creation, project sharing and easy archiving, the workflow becomes streamlined and more efficient. From start to finish, metadata and media are easily searchable and accessible from EditShare's central storage or archives; background processes are transparent to users, allowing them to focus on their creative efforts.
Highlights of the EditShare tapeless workflow:
* Geevs records Avid DNxHD or ProRes directly to EditShare's shared central storage and produces proxy files in real time for the Flow MAM, with user-level security, mirror copy and automatic backup to EditShare Ark. During ingest, users can log shots, create subclips and even create sequences that cut between inputs.
* Integrated with Geevs, the Flow MAM allows users to view proxy file content on their desktops as well as ingest media from file-based sources such as P2 and XDCAM. Simple editing tools and metadata templates let users add details to clips, make rough cuts, and drag and drop clips and sequences into their NLEs - all without requiring access to full-resolution media.
* EditShare's high-performance, shared-storage media-management workflow offers an advanced Project Sharing feature with patented bin and project-locking capabilities. Lightworks, Avid and Final Cut Pro (v6/7) editors can see, copy and revise the work of colleagues with the assurance that no bins, sequences or projects will be accidentally deleted or overwritten.
* Ark Disk and Tape offer facilities for tiered storage infrastructure with nearline and offline archiving options and automation capabilities to keep media safe. When combined with Flow, users can browse, delete and restore (including partial restore) archived materials from any desktop on the EditShare network.
NAB 2012 - Editshare New Technology Sneak Peek:
EditShare XStream and Energy Series - Shared Production Storage
EditShare's best-in-class storage infrastructure delivers high performance and workflow-engineered features, such as Avid and Final Cut Pro project sharing, to optimize collaboration for post-production, Digital Intermediate and broadcast production workflows. Fully integrated with EditShare Flow, Lightworks, Geevs and Ark, EditShare's shared storage solutions are scaled to petabytes, outperforming comparable solutions at an unbeatable price point.
New capabilities shown at NAB 2012:
* Advanced project sharing with Adobe Premiere Pro
* Support for Final Cut Pro X
* Enhanced networking configurations to maximize performance and throughput across the EditShare tiered-storage platform
EditShare Flow - Production Asset Management:
Flow offers comprehensive media management with production tools to log, track, browse, retrieve and edit assets. Advanced features such as Multichannel SDI Ingest, Edit-While-Capture, and Bandwidth-Controlled File-Based Ingest add a level of control over productions that set Flow apart from its peers. Fully integrated with EditShare's full lineup of products, Flow facilitates a tapeless workflow from ingest to archive.
New capabilities shown at NAB 2012:
* Ability to drag and drop clips into Adobe Premiere
* Support for creating group (multi-cam) clips during ganged capture
* Ability to delete and restore files by individual users
* Proxy-node worker for distributed rendering of proxy files
* Closed-caption support
Lightworks - Non-Linear Editing | Open Source:
Academy(R) and Emmy(R) award-winning Lightworks was introduced in 1989 as the first and most advanced professional editing system on the market. Its intuitive controls, real-time synchronization and editing features remain unmatched by top industry alternatives. Notable and recent films edited on Lightworks include the Academy-Award(R) winning The King's Speech, edited by Tariq Anwar; Hanna, edited by Paul Tothill; Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, edited by Jill Bilcock; and the multi-nominated Hugo, edited by Thelma Schoonmaker.
On the NAB stand, EditShare will host a "Lightworks Edit Bar," with which attendees can hands-on test-drive the latest Lightworks release.
EditShare Ark - Archiving and Backup:
Developed on the same rock-solid architecture as the shared storage solutions, EditShare Ark Disk and Tape offers advanced backup and archiving capabilities managed from the same intuitive interface. Because Ark is directly integrated with EditShare's tapeless workflow and collaborative-storage products, archived content can be easily searched using EditShare Flow MAM tools, retrieved, and quickly brought back onto the EditShare shared storage systems - XStream, Energy and Metro.
New capabilities shown at NAB 2012
* Partial Restore from Ark Disk
* Extensive system-activity reporting
Geevs - Broadcast Ingest and Playout:
Geevs Broadcast Servers are crafted to support a wide range of demanding workflows, including simple ingest, complex newsroom integration, live sports with instant replay, multi-camera studio ingest and 24/7 scheduled playout. With over 1,000 channels on-air, Geevs meets the needs of every broadcast production workflow with its unmatched codec support, including DVCPRO HD, Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, XDCAM HD and AVC-Intra 100.
New capabilities shown at NAB 2012
* Support for Live Preview
* 23.98 Support
* Upscale from SD to HD
* Multiviewer support
EditShare XStream Series
EditShare Energy Series
EditShare is the technology leader in networked shared storage and tapeless, end-to-end workflow solutions for the TV and film industry. Our groundbreaking products improve efficiency and workflow collaboration every step of the way. They include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, media asset management, and the world's first 3-platform (Windows, OS X and Linux) professional non-linear video editing application. (C)2012 EditShare LLC. All rights reserved. EditShare(R) is a registered trademark of EditShare LLC. All other trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.