Australia Unlimited: free iPad magazine profiles creativity & innovation
February 6, 2012 in News
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - The Australia Unlimited iPad magazine is a new monthly publication that is focused on shifting international perceptions of Australia.
We are a country of great achievements, inventions and innovations. We pioneered Internet Wi-Fi, Google maps and artificial skin for burns victims. We play a key business role in many of the world's leading economies and our creative industries are the envy of many around the world.
But research shows that these achievements are not well known.
Australia Unlimited is determined to change that reputation, by telling the stories of our talented people, both here and around the world - people who are changing the world for the better, through their creativity, business acumen, research and humanitarian efforts.
The Australia Unlimited iPad app uses engaging content combined with stunning imagery and multimedia to tell these stories, ranging across a broad field of interests - arts, technology, business and humanitarian to name just a few.
The Australia Unlimited app is made available worldwide through the iTunes App Store and updated each month with new content. This edition of Australia Unlimited includes:
* Provocative ethicist Julian Savulescu talking genetic engineering and the need for moral enhancement
* How to create a multi-million dollar internet empire before you turn 30 - meet the young Australian entrepreneurs who are making waves in Silicon Valley
* A feature of David Droga, one of Australia's most successful advertising executives
* Six Australian architects who are shaping the future of international design
* An interview with Socceroo and Everton midfielder Tim Cahill
Readers who download the Australia Unlimited app can access the latest edition as well as the two previous issues for additional content. Articles featured in the magazine to date have included:
* Business: The Accidental Entrepreneur - meet the academic who turned a research project into a highly profitable business
* Culture: View the delicate and detailed reproductions of nature created by Catherine Nelson, an artist who started her career as an illustrator for the Harry Potter films
* Design: Watch a range of international artists talk about their beautiful artworks featured in Sculpture by the Sea, the world's largest free-to-the-public outdoor sculpture exhibition
* Environment: Sustainability enthusiast Joost Bakker talks about his designs for pop-up cafes made entirely from recycled materials
* Science: Introducing Australia's first Nobel Prize winner for Physics in almost a hundred years
* Society: Young humanitarians leading social change around the world
* Technology: How a lightweight, mobile solar power system is relieving some of the burden for Australian soldiers
Downloading the app also gives readers a simple way to receive future editions of the magazine, which are released each month and offer new articles and interactive features.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 9.9 MB
Pricing and availability:
Australia Unlimited 1.3 is currently available worldwide through the App Store in the News category for Free.
The Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) is the Australian Government's trade and investment development agency. Through their global network, they assist Australian companies to succeed in international business, attract productive foreign direct investment into Australia and promote Australia's education sector internationally. Copyright (C) 2012 Austrade. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
+61 2 9392 2000