February 13, 2012 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Cologne, Germany - From John Lee Hooker to Kings of Leon, the evolution of rock music has supported careers, given rise to new media, and touched the hearts of people the world over. Relive the storied lifecycle of music from the 1950s to the present with History of Rock, a comprehensive new app for the iPad from ditter.projektagentur based on the essential music history book from Parragon.
Named iPad App of the Week by the App Store in North America, UK/Europe, and Australia, The History of Rock is a definitive guide to rock, punk, metal, and beyond, presented in a multimedia timeline format designed especially for the iPad. Special features include:
* Year-by-year highlights scroll spanning the years between 1950 and 2011
* Breakout sections on key figures and moments in rock history, from an overview of surf rock to profiles on modern artists like Blur and Radiohead
* In-app YouTube integration of essential rock videos
* Full-color pictures of rock greats from jazz favorites like Miles Davis to hip-hop's Biggie Smalls
* "Sounds of the Decade" iTunes playlist samples and download recommendations
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 117 MB
Pricing and Availability:
History of Rock 1.0 is Free until February 17, 2012 and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Since 2001, ditter.projektagentur has been working with large publishing houses and industrial companies to create and prepare books and calendars from the idea phase to the final printed product. With a new focus on multimedia material in the areas of culinary arts, cultural arts, and art and photography, ditter.projektagentur is pleased to add The History of Rock to its collection of mobile and tablet apps including The Photo Cookbook: Quick and Easy and The Photo Cookbook: Baking, featuring content licensed from Parragon Books. Copyright (C) 2012 ditter.projektagentur GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.