March 2, 2012 in Reference
[prMac.com] Highland, Utah - Nynix LLC today is pleased to announce the latest version of the popular knot tying app, Knots 3D. The first app of its kind in the app store, Knots 3D provides direct interaction with the knots displayed on screen via multi-touch gestures. Using swipe gestures, a user can tie and untie a knot - as slowly or as quickly as they like. Using pinch-zoom gestures, the knot can be enlarged to see the knot in greater detail and can be rotated on the screen. The app has a first-of-its-kind 360 mode that gives the user the ability to spin the knot in 3D with their finger - providing views of the back and sides of the knot.
"Mobile devices aren't just for checking email or texting anymore - they are libraries and tutors - teaching us new skills when and where we need them." said Dave Boren, creator of Knots 3D. Knots 3D is an invaluable tool for boy scouts, fishermen, boaters, climbers or just the guy trying to tie a package or secure a load on their pickup truck. The intuitive user interface incorporating multi-touch gestures makes this the easiest to use knot app available today! Of the dozens of knot apps available on iOS and Android, I can truly say ours is unique. There is nothing else like it!"
Available on seven different devices and five app stores, Knots 3D brings instant access to over 50 commonly used knots to pockets world-wide.
Knots 3D Features:
* 50 knots with detailed usage, strength and reliability information.
* Knot interaction with multi-touch gestures.
* Tie/untie (advance/rewind) knots with your finger
* Zoom in/out using two finger pinch
* Full 360 degree 3D view of each knot
* Arranged by category and class
* Favorites list
* Ashley reference numbers (ABoK#)
* Reference to other common names for the knot
* iPhone App Store (includes iPod touch)
* iPad App Store
* Android Market
* Amazon App Store (Includes Kindle Fire)
* Barnes and Noble App Store (Includes Nook Color and Tablet)
Pricing and Availability:
Knots 3D is $0.99 (USD) and is available worldwide.
Located in Highland, Utah, the Nynix LLC team is a independent software company developing innovative apps for mobile devices. With a focus on the iOS and Android platforms, Nynix's goal is to create fun, useful and cool utilities. Copyright (C) 2012 Nynix LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.