Food Intolerances - the Ultimate Guide for iPhone and iPad
March 2, 2012 in Health and Fitness
[prMac.com] Falkensee, Germany - Baliza GmbH is pleased to announce the release of "Food Intolerances" the new app for everybody who's having problems with food intolerance. Many people that have been diagnosed with food intolerances need to pay attention to what they eat. Studies have shown that 10 to 20 percent of the population suffer from food intolerance. The effects of individual food intolerance are always severe.The universal app "Food Intolerances - Histamine, Fructose, Salicylate & More" offers assistance. The new version 2.1 offers tolerance ratings for 700 essential foods, adjustable to the user's profile.
* Update of the app Food Intolerances to version 2.1
* Universal app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* For people with food intolerances (histamine, fructose, sorbitol, salicylates (Aspirin) or lactose)
* Filter function for multiple intolerances
* Information about food additives and drugs (for histamine intolerance)
* New: about 100 additional foods
* New: updated information and adjusted categories for ease of use
* New: improved shopping list and search function
More and more people pay attention to what they eat. They avoid saturated fats and sugar, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, but still have problems even when on a healthy diet. About one in five people suffer from food intolerance. As a consequence they have to pay close attention to ingredients in their diet that may cause problems. Product labels usually are of little help. They declare calories or frequent food allergens, but not substances that may cause reactions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhea, headaches, exhaustion or even depression.
Food Intolerances: Which foods may cause problems? What can you eat?
The app Food Intolerances will help you to answer these questions! It is a comprehensive database of everyday foods and contains information regarding the amount of histamine, fructose, sorbitol, lactose and salicylate. You may also find information about gluten or other frequent food allergens.
Tanja Credner, director of Baliza GmbH: "Convenient filter and search functions help you to create your individual selection of suitable food. You can adjust the degree of your intolerances and the app will generate a list of compatible foods."
All food is labeled in different colors, from green to red. With a single glance at the overview you will be able to determine whether a product is suitable, depending on the kind of intolerance you have.
Green products are safe and may be added to the shopping list. The consumption of red products should be restricted. The database is divided in categories such as Fish, Fruit, Vegetables, Dairy products, etc., which makes it easy to look for the right kind of food. By simply tapping on a product you will find detailed product information, useful advice and helpful links to Wikipedia.
Histamine intolerance, fructose malabsorption, lactose intolerance, salicylate intolerance: everyone can now look up the relevant information on their mobile phone.
Food Intolerances 2.1:
100 foods added - The team of Baliza received overwhelming feedback after publishing the first versions of the app, including various suggestions for improvements. Many of them made it into version 2.1. The following are new:
* More detailed: the database has been greatly expanded and now contains 100 additional foods
* More precise: product comments, ratings and articles have all been revised and are now up-to-date
* Easier to understand: due to new categories the database is now much more structured
* More performance: the search function has been improved
* More comfortable: foods can be put on a shopping that may be edited as needed
* New section on drugs: information regarding histamine intolerance and drugs has been redone and significantly expanded
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 6.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Food Intolerances 2.1 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category. Anyone that would like to test the app may request a promotional code from the press agency. By using the promotional code the app can be installed free of charge.
Located in Nuremberg, Germany, Baliza GmbH specializes in the development of apps for the iPhone and iPad. Apps are produced in direct responsibility and upon customers' requests. Founder and CEO Tanja Credner has been working on the conception and development of mobile apps since 2009. Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Baliza GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.