vueCAD - Free CAD viewer for the iPad - Available in the Apple App Store
March 13, 2012 in Business
[prMac.com] Newport Beach, California - The developers of vueCAD announced this week that their iPad app is now Free and available through the Apple App Store. The change in pricing makes CAD view and markup available to everyone while offering the ability to extend vueCAD to fit individual or business needs.
* For CAD enthusiasts working with mesh formats such as STL, PLY, OBJ, Blender, Collada and many of the Autodesk formats, vueCAD is FREE and ready to go
* For CAD communicators with more advanced needs, CAD neutral importers such as STEP, JT, IGES, VDA, ACIS and Parasolids, are available as an in-app purchase of $99 to $199 (or equivalent amount in other currencies)
* For highly specialized CAD experts working in native CAD such as SolidWorks, Catia V5/V4/CGR, Unigraphics, Pro/E, Autodesk Inventor, and SolidEdge, an in-app purchase of $99 to $499 enables each CAD OEM importer
vueCAD is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Control the 3D model with a finger - zoom, pan, rotate, explode, and measure. Explore an assembly with tree view and turn on/off sub-assemblies and parts. Explode an assembly into subcomponents and view in relative positions. Extract dimensions with measure. Instantly change the background, transparency, textures, and drawing colors, then markup and share a screenshot immediately via email. Turn on the camera to view your design within our real world.
"Mobile CAD is a new technology," said Frank Ruotolo, President of Titansan Engineering Inc. "We modified our business model to allow users to adapt our mobile app to their needs. The gamer, hobbyist or inventor may find the free app sufficient. The manufacturer who receives CAD files in an OEM format, like SolidWorks, should make the in-app purchase to extend vueCAD to work directly with these files." Mr. Ruotolo adds, "Fortune 500 companies have built their 3D sales catalogs on top of vueCAD, and as a result cut their sales cycles from multiple visits to a single online transaction. In addition, Shipping and Receiving departments have built control systems around vueCAD increasing productivity and eliminating errors. Where CAD drives your business, a custom-built vueCAD solution will drive your success."
* Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 60.1 MB
Pricing and Availability
vueCAD 4.0.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the Apple App Store in the Business and Productivity categories. Additional CAD importers are in-app purchases and vary in price from $99.99 to $499.99 (or equivalent amount in other currencies).
Titansan Engineering Inc, based in Newport Beach, California, specializes in mobile CAD and next generation productivity applications for iPhone, Android, and Windows devices. From design to manufacturing to quality control, Titansan delivers an unmatched combination of CAD expertise, manufacturing know-how, and intuitive mobile software. Copyright (C) 2012 Titansan Engineering Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.