April 2, 2012 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Stratford, Connecticut - Angry Chicken Software today is proud to announce Photo Notes Pro and Photo Notes Free 2.2.5 for iOS, a major update to their popular Photography app that lets users add captions, images, and decorative shapes to photos.
Enhanced Sharing Options:
Sharing photos between friends and family and on social networks is now part of everyday life. Smart phone users expect to be able to share their photos in a snap, through their favorite social networks, without leaving the app.
In this release, Photo Notes delivers. "This release is all about sharing Photo Notes," says Colin Phillips, founder and CEO of Angry Chicken, Inc. "Our customers create fantastically fun and creative images. We want to let them share those images in a variety of ways, without having to leave the app."
The sharing interface in Photo Notes has been completely revamped and enhanced. In addition to saving or sharing by e-mail, users can post to their Facebook wall, send to Flickr, post on Twitter, and share using Instagram. Facebook and Flickr interfaces allow users to set custom captions for their Photo Notes.
A Full Resolution Photo App on the Camera of Choice:
The iPhone is emerging as the point-and-shoot camera of choice for photo enthusiasts, delivering up to eight megapixel images. The iPhone camera improves with every successive model, in both pixels and image quality. Users expect to share photos at full resolution in the best photo processing apps: Photo Notes allows users to do just that, not by upscaling the photo, but by completely redrawing with larger fonts. This technique preserves image quality at high resolution.
Real-World Sharing Expands Usability:
Photo Notes has also added two options for sharing their photos in the real world. Product printing specialist ivoke(TM) has partnered with Angry Chicken, Inc. to enable users to have their Photo Notes printed directly on merchandise: from coffee mugs and t-shirt to iPad cases.
"We are excited to partner with Angry Chicken, Inc., creators of Photo Notes, to allow users to create high-quality products from their unique images," said Garry Green, President of ivoke(TM).
With partner Sincerely (makers of the highly-successful app Postagram), customers can create a Photo Note, and within minutes, send it as a custom, high-quality, glossy postcard straight from their device, delivered anywhere in the world.
"We believe that sending a postcard is one of the simplest and most thoughtful gifts you can give. We're excited that users will be able to create unique images with Photo Notes and send them all over the world," says David Hua, Head of Platform at Sincerely.
The merged functionality of Photo Notes with Sincerely and ivoke shows the quality and usability of this app, expanding beyond the device to real-world products, good for family life and small business alike.
Photo Notes emerges as the ideal meta-app for the age of iPhone photography. It lets users express their creativity long after they have taken their photo. The user interface works seamlessly, and offers clear and simple help pages and videos to guide new users every step of the way.
With Photo Notes 2.2.5, you can:
* Save and utilize full resolution publishing options
* Share via Facebook, Twitter, Flickr & Instagram
* Create Photo Notes and send them directly from iPhone as high-quality postcards
* Print Photo Notes on merchandise and ship anywhere in the United States and Canada
Photo Notes always lets you:
* Save Photo Notes to camera roll
* Share by email
* Add thought bubbles, speech bubbles, and text to photos
* Control text, font, style, background color, opacity, and brightness
* Create photo collages
* Add borders and drop-shadows to shapes
* Add clipart to photos
* Add colorable clipart to photos
* Adjust the transparency of a shape for a watermark effect
* Choose from dozens of fonts
* Work in portrait or landscape orientation
* Zoom and scroll any image
* Choose an image from the Photo Library or use the device's camera from within Photo Notes
* Rotate shapes 360 degrees
* Re-size shapes from all four corners - words wrap and resize automatically
* Drag the pointer to move speech or thought bubbles and create text
* Use our copy tool for an efficient way to create multiple shapes
* Use comprehensive help screens or watch easy-to-follow demo videos
* Change default settings from within Photo Notes
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later (iOS 5.1 tested)
* 18.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Photo Notes Pro 2.2.5 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. An identical, free version of Photo Notes 2.2.5 ("Photo Notes Free") is ad-supported and also available.
Based in Stratford, Connecticut, Angry Chicken Inc. is owned by independent software developer, Colin Phillips. Leveraging over 20 years of experience in development, he focuses on iOS application development. Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Angry Chicken Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks used within this press release are registered to their respective owners.