April 2, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Dover-Foxcroft, Maine - "Combat Mission: Touch" allows you to command American and German troops during and after the invasion of Normandy, June 1944! It mixes fun and realism for a unique, hands-on, 3D wargame experience.
Available on the AppStore April 2, 2012, exclusively for the iPad 2 and The New iPad - the only mobile devices that are powerful enough to fully immerse you in the dramatic battles of World War 2 - for only $4.99.
"Combat Mission: Touch" is the result of a collaboration between Battlefront.com, the critically acclaimed creators of the genre defining Combat Mission series of wargames for now over 10 years, and Dromedary LLC. Using Combat Mission's unique WeGo turn-based play mode of simultaneous planning and execution phases, and a vast 3D environment, it combines the fun of fast paced action with the strategy of turns. Make no mistake, fun as it is, "Combat Mission: Touch" is a true wargame, with a number of mind-blowing features that were available, until now, only on the desktop.
So, get down on the ground and get dirty, Private. The outcome of the next combat battle is in your hands. Literally!
"Combat Mission: Touch" Features:
* Full 3D view of the battlefield
* Smoothly zoom from bird's eye for strategic control down to eye level for tactical awareness
* Command historically accurate vehicles and infantry units like the M4 Sherman Tank or the German Panther tank
* Play solo or head-to-head on the Internet
* Invite your friends on GameCenter
* Find opponents on the Internet automatically
* Watch replays of battles and share them with friends ... or enemies
* Watch and replay every detail of the action from any angle
* Realistic ballistics and armor penetration algorithms; make no mistake, fun as it is, this is a true wargame!
* Realistically simulated weapons and effects
* Troop morale and fatigue
* Forward observers and artillery
* WEGO (as in: "we go together" simultaneous planning and action phases) - the fun of fast paced action with the strategy of turns
* Battle across vast distances (2km x 2km maps!)
* Play as Americans or Germans
* Fight on the beaches, hills, and bocage of France
* Includes 7 unique and detailed maps and historical combat missions: Uncle Red Beach, Morning of the 902nd, Panzer Ace, Off the Beach!, Crossroads, Battlegroup Scholze, Ravenstein's Bridge
* More maps and missions will be made available in-app
* Includes tutorial video... you had better do what the Drill Sergeant $@*!% asks you to!
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 375 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Combat Mission : Touch 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Battlefront.com is an independent developer and publisher for Superior War and Strategy games for PC, Mac and iPad for almost 12 years, and home to one of the web's largest and fastest growing wargaming communities. Copyright (C) 2012 Battlefront.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.