April 3, 2012 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Lodz, Poland - Lucky Clan today is happy to announce the release and immediate availability of ArtStudio for iPad 3.5, an update to their versatile drawing/painting/photo editing app. ArtStudio is a professional drawing / painting application. It uses advanced mathematics to attain the highest level of quality, at the same time offering incredible performance achieved through numerous code optimizations. It still remains a fantastic tool for beginners - it contains drawing lessons showing step-by-step instruction on drawing various types of images.
* Added full support for the new iPad
* Few minor bugs fixed
* Support For Any Device Orientation
* Available canvas sizes: 768x1024, 768x768, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 (iPad2 only), CUSTOM
* 30 Brushes including pencils, brushes, Wet Brush, eraser, smudge tool, bucket fill (simple/smart, eraser), gradient fill, glow, tube, airbrush, blur/sharpen, 1px and many more
* Custom Brushes - just start new image with size 128x128px, and save it as custom brush
* Select Tool (rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...)
* Text Tool (44 fonts, settings: normal/bold/italic, left/center/right alignment, size, opacity, color)
* Clone Tool
* Slots to Save 20 Brush Presets with names
* 17 Drawing Lessons (animals, human, 3d, perspective)
* lots of brush settings: size, opacity, fadeout, spacing, jitter, speed-based thickness, hard-edge, incremental and more
* Real-time preview for all brushes
* Simulated brush pressure
* Line smoothing, antialiasing
* Symmetric drawing - horizontal and vertical
* Shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
* Quality and performance unmatched by any other app in the app store
* 6 Layers with options: add/new / delete / reorder / duplicate / merge / clear / transparency / visibility
* Layer Masks
* Layer transformations: Rotate/Move/Scale/Flip with multi-touch
* Image transformations: rotate left/right, flip horizontal/vertical
* 9 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, difference
* Preserve transparency layer mode (so you can draw only on the visible contents of a layer)
* Copy/paste layer between projects
* File sharing - transfer projects between ArtStudio for iPad and iPhone
* Clipboard support - copy/paste images (with transparency) from ArtStudio to other apps and vice-versa.
* Multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
* Tap-and-hold to enable eyedropper
* Advanced color editing with real-time colorized RGB sliders
* Undo/Redo system, with almost infinite number of steps
* Image resize, change canvas size, crop
* Filters: gaussian blur, sharpen, pixelize, add border, vignette, noise, color-to-alpha, posterize, edge detect, sepia and more...
* Adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure(gamma); hue/saturation/lightness; red/green/blue; colorize
* Load/save/export to iphone gallery / import from gallery / send by e-mail
* Export to PSD
* Additional "Quick Menu" with the most frequently used functions, displayed after three-finger tap
* Thousands of beautiful paintings in Online Gallery
* Video Output - after you connect your iPad to TV or VGA adaptor, the canvas will be mirrored to external screen. Two settings available: "panscan" and "show pan/zoom also on external screen"
* US English
* iPad 1, iPad 2, the new iPad - all versions
* iOS 4.0 or later (iOS 4.3, iOS 5.1 tested)
* 5.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ArtStudio for iPad 3.5 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
Located in Lodz, Poland, the Lucky Clan team is an independent software company founded by Sylwester Los in March of 2010. With a focus on the iOS platform, Lucky's mission is to provide their customers with the highest quality, reliability and compatibility with every device produced by Apple. Their flagship app, ArtStudio, has become one of the most popular tools for drawing, painting, and photo editing for iPhone and iPad. Copyright (C) 2012 Lucky Clan. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.