April 9, 2012 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Boston, Massachusetts - Proximity is very excited to announce the recent release of its iPhone app. The app can privately share your location by sending automated text messages about your current location to your friends and family. It does that only during a preset time period and only if you are around a selected geographic region (geo-fence). In other words, Proximity will share your location information via SMS,
a) only with the contacts that you specifically want to share with
b) only during the specific time period that you select
c) only around a specific geographic region that you select
The app can be used in many common scenarios like,
1. Setup Proximity to text your spouse between 5-7 PM, when you are 0.25 mi from home to notify that you are almost home
2. Setup Proximity to text your friend when you have left office and on your way to meet them for lunch
Proximity runs in background; so you can switch to a different app or don't have to keep your iPhone unlocked for the scheduled messages to trigger.
Please take note of the following:
* Use of an App that uses GPS in the background will decrease battery life. However Proximity is constantly researching and refining on the location detection algorithm to reduce the overuse of GPS. Proximity only uses GPS when there is an active message setup to be sent in the future
* Proximity relies on GPS for accurate location detection and on network connection to send messages. In the absence of GPS and network, messages will not be delivered
* Proximity does not use your SMS quota (from your carrier) to send messages
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 3.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Proximity 1.0 is currently Free for a limited time and is only available in the US and Canada exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Proximity is a private location sharing service that allows users to communicate their current location information with friends and family when they leave or arrive a place. The application is compatible with any GPS enabled iOS device running iOS 5.0 or higher. It was built by Rahul Matta. Copyright (C) 2012 Proximity. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.