April 10, 2012 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Arlington, Virginia - The Porter Company, LLC today is thrilled to announce that its first application, My Very Own ABCs, is now available exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. My Very Own ABCs is an interactive, engaging, and fun game for young children where it's as easy as uploading your own photos and labeling the words yourself to create your child's very own ABC book. Create pictures and words such as "M is for Mommy" and "G is for Grandma". "Kids will love hearing the sound of your voice (or even their own), seeing a photo of their favorite person or thing, and starting to associate the letters of the alphabet with the words they already know and use every day," said Adena Porter, Co-Founder of The Porter Company, LLC and Lead Designer for My Very Own ABCs.
My Very Own ABCs features include:
* Kid tested and approved; universal app for the iPad/iPhone/iPod
* Pre-loaded ABCs book plus two additional books for you to customize
* Over 100 pre-loaded images, complete with animation and professionally recorded sounds
* Customizable pages for each letter of the alphabet
* Select any of the pre-loaded images or create your own
* Load photos that are already on your iPad or iPhone
* Record parent or child's voice labeling the word
* Arrange each page exactly how you like by selecting the pictures to include and choosing the size and location of each picture
* Customize the background, colors, and image animation
* Personalize the title of your books with your child's name
* Cover page with interactive alphabet where you can flip letters and images to reinforce learning
* Parent-friendly background music can be set to On or Off
* Choose "Auto Play" mode or let your child read, listen, and play themselves
* Safe play mode for your child with no ads or popups
* Interactive letters and images will entice children to play while reinforcing learning and letter recognition
"I'm extremely pleased with My Very Own ABCs," said Jim Porter, Co-Founder of The Porter Company, LLC and Lead Developer for My Very Own ABCs. "I know that young children will find it entertaining and engaging. We provide users with a pre-loaded ABCs book to get them started, and we let them create two additional, customized books using their own photos and voice. We have designed our App with toddlers in mind; there are no ads and the customization area is challenge protected."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 13.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
My Very Own ABCs 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Please visit The Porter Company for more information on My Very Own ABCs, including screenshots of the application, customization instructions, ideas for personalizing content, support, and more.
The Porter Company, LLC, an independent, woman-owned mobile development software company based out of Arlington, Virginia, was founded in 2011 by Jim and Adena Porter for the purposes of helping firms and individuals turn their App ideas into reality and building fun, effective learning Apps for children. Copyright (C) 2012 The Porter Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.