Sprightly Software Releases Screen Ruler 2.2 for Mac
April 10, 2012 in Web Design
[prMac.com] Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada - Sprightly Software today is proud to announce Screen Ruler 2.2 for Mac OS X, an update to their simple, yet powerful utility for working with on-screen graphics. Intuitive, easy-to-use, Screen Ruler can be run in the Dock or in the Menu Bar, including easy keyboard shortcuts. Take accurate measurements anywhere on-screen, even across multiple displays. New in version 2.2, the color picker and grab image tools now retain a history, the line measurement tool now includes an angle measurement, and much more.
The Box Measurement Tool provides a way to get the exact pixel width and height of an area anywhere on your display. The Line Measurement Tool determines the length between any two pixels. The Color Picker provides an easy way to obtain a web-ready hex color, or Core Graphics compatible RGB fraction from anywhere on your display. The Grab Image Tool allows one to take a screenshot of anything on-screen.
* An intuitive, easy-to-use, no-clutter interface
* Can be run in the Dock or in the menu bar
* Take accurate measurements anywhere on-screen, even across multiple displays
* Two methods to measure: click and drag, or click-move-click
* Proportional measurements can be obtained by holding the shift key
* Easy keyboard shortcuts for initiating measurements, picking a color, taking screenshots, and quickly copying width, height, length, color, and image data
* No lingering rulers after taking a measurement
* Works with multiple displays
* Compatible with Mac OS Snow Leopard (10.6) and Lion (10.7)
New in Screen Ruler 2.2:
* The color picker now retains a history of the last 5 picked colors
* The grab image tool now retains a history of the last 2 screenshots
* The line measurement tool now includes an angle measurement
* In Preferences the crosshairs, line measurement, and box measurement colors are now customizeable
* Corrected an issue where the zoomed in view could become out of sync with the cursor when holding the Shift key
* Other minor bugs fixed
New in version 2.1:
* Ruler graphics for the box measurement tool now display measurement increments appropriate to the selected unit
* Corrected a problem with launch-at-login on Mac OS 10.6
* Corrected an issue where the vertical crosshair was off by one pixel
Screen Ruler is a great utility for anyone that works with digital graphics, including: web designers, graphic artists, Xcode programmers, and others.
* Mac OS 10.6.6 or higher
* 1.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Screen Ruler 2.2 sells for $9.99 (USD) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics & Design category.
Founded in 2009, Sprightly Software is a energetic, enterprising software developer based on the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia, Canada that develops business, entertainment, and design software for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac. Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Sprightly Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.