True HDR can now create up to 16 megapixel HDR photos on iPhone and iPad
April 11, 2012 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Boston, Massachusetts - Pictional LLC today is pleased to announce the release of True HDR 2.4, an update to TrueHDR, the popular high dynamic range (HDR) photography app. TrueHDR's latest release includes capability of handling up to 16 mega-pixel photos (imported from high-end cameras) on iPhone 4S/4, iPad 2, and the new iPad.
True HDR is one of a highly select group of apps featured by Apple in the "App Store Hall of Fame", "App Store Essentials - Camera & Photography", and has been picked as an App Store staff favorite. It has also been featured by MacWorld, TUAW, Mashable, Gizmodo, Wired, and won an honorable mention for the 2009 Best Photography App from "The Best App Ever" contest.
True HDR is designed to address the issue that cameras can only capture a limited range of brightness in a single photo. In other words, when people take photos of a scene that has a large range from bright to dark, they often have to choose between the bright areas and the dark areas. True HDR enables users to take two pictures at different exposures, automatically aligns the pictures, and then takes the best features of each and merges them into one picture that has vivid colors and details in both the shadows and sunny areas.
With True HDR 2.4, users can now process high mega-pixel photos imported from high-end cameras. The app outputs a high resolution and high dynamic range photo that can be easily edited with the built-in sliders and filters.
* Handles up to 16 mega-pixel photos on iPhone 4S/4, iPad 2, and the new iPad
* Sliders and filters - easily make adjustments to the merged HDR photos to get the final image just the way you prefer. If you use high mega-pixel original images, the sliders and filters handle the full resolution output without a problem.
* Choice of Natural or Enhanced modes, with Natural for the most realistic look and Enhanced for slightly more vivid colors and contrast - pick the look you like
* Easy, fully-automatic capture with AutoCapture mode
* Greater control over exposure points with SemiAuto capture mode and Manual mode
* Automatically saves original images for use with desktop HDR programs if desired
* Works on iPhone 3GS where the native camera does not offer an HDR option
* Full support for front facing camera in all three modes (AutoCapture, SemiAuto, and Manual), making composing and taking self portraits easier and more fun than ever
* Supports geo-tagging
* Uses state-of-the-art techniques to automatically align and merge photos
* Convenient sharing features (Facebook, Twitter, email)
* iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, new iPad, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPod touch 4G
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* 5.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
True HDR 2.4 is $1.99 USD. It is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Promo codes for review purposes are available upon request.
Pictional LLC, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to creating computational photography and imaging applications. Copyright (C) 2012 Pictional LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.