April 12, 2012 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada - Tiny Diggers has remained on the top ten educational games category on the Mac App Store in many countries around the world. "Tiny Diggers has exceeded my expectations and is climbing steadily on the iPad and Mac computer," says Shane Whitehouse of TouchTilt Games. "Kids can't put the game down, and I even receive photos from parents of their kids playing the game which really makes my day. It has received a glowing review on the popular kids app site BestAppsForKids.org, a spot on the prestigious educational iPad portal app KinderTown and many other head-nods around the internet. Additionally, the release of Tiny Diggers has landed me some new and amazing opportunities as well."
In Tiny Diggers, the players get the choice of driving a dumptruck, excavator or bulldozer while learning about numbers, colours and shapes. The game is aimed at kids aged 2-5 with a heavy emphasis on fun. The obvious goal here is to learn the fundamentals of numbers, colours and shapes but the emphasis is to dig and dump dirt wherever your child wants and interact with the characters and objects. One exciting new feature that has been recently added to Tiny Diggers is the Tool Rewards system. Upon playing the game with each truck, the player will find tools like hammers, screwdrivers or tape measures. They can then place their found tools on a peg board and try to collect them all.
* 3 construction trucks to operate
* 3 modes for learning numbers, colours and shapes
* 1 mode for each truck with no learning - just dig and dump dirt
* Interactive environments and colourful backgrounds
* Tool Rewards - Collect and organize hidden tools throughout the game
* Animated characters and dozens of sounds
* No confusing menus or navigation
* Professional soundtrack by Hessel Van Hoorn
* Numbers: Drive an excavator and dig anywhere, then dump dirt on the corresponding number shown above the truck to progress
* Colours: Drive a dumptruck and dump dirt on the corresponding colour shown above the truck to progress
* Shapes: Drive a bulldozer and push dirt to the corresponding shape shown above the truck to progress
* Free Play: Choose your truck and explore with no objectives
* Tiny Diggers is a nice addition for kids who enjoy learning on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. The artwork is bright and colourful with smooth, animated backgrounds and you immediately forget your child is engaged in education
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 18.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Tiny Diggers! 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
TouchTilt Games is an independent game company specializing in fun, unique and engaging games for mobile devices. Copyright (C) 2012 TouchTilt Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.