Sticker Shock app shows users the actual cost of inflation
April 17, 2012 in Finance
[prMac.com] Spencerport, New York - Announcing that Asar Corporation, the developer of Sticker Shock, has released the latest update for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. When users enter the prices of products they buy, Sticker Shock 1.1 automatically tracks and graphs price changes, over time, to give them a more accurate depiction of how inflation impacts them, personally.
New for this update is social media integration. Users can now post their latest prices and inflation rates to Facebook and Twitter right from the app. This new feature will help users share how prices are faring generally, and possibly raise awareness of how rising food and energy costs are personally impacting people across the country.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) does a fine job tracking cost of living changes for the average consumer. But a person's consumption patterns can vary considerably from the assumptions used in the CPI, which is one reason few people believe the CPI accurately reflects their own experiences with inflation. With Sticker Shock 1.1, users enter the prices of products they actually buy. The app tracks and reports price changes on the items entered, giving users the true rate of inflation they're experiencing in their own lives.
* Attractive and intuitive user interface
* Beautiful graphs, complete with larger landscape views
* Record new prices in seconds with just a couple taps
* View inflation rates over various timeframes
* View inflation rates by category
* Weight items in Personal Price Index by total consumption
* Track unit prices to outsmart package size reductions
* Share prices and inflation rates on Facebook and Twitter
* Explore app on first run with sample items and prices
* iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
* iOS 4.2 or later
* 1.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sticker Shock 1.1 is free for a limited time, and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category.
Located in Spencerport NY, USA, Asar Corporation is a developer and publisher of Macintosh software since 1997. Copyright (C) 2012 Asar Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Media Contact for Asar Corporation