Sprite Cutter Brings Game-Sprite and Online-Avatar Creation to the iPad
May 17, 2012 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Salt Lake City, Utah - PixelSplincher is excited to announce Sprite Cutter, an iPad app for cutting out faces, pets, or any other shape from photos. Users of FaceBook, Twitter and most blog and forum websites will rejoice over a quick way to make avatars with any shape over a transparent background. The cutout sprites are great for social networking avatars or custom compositions and animations. The 32-bit PNG format images preserve the mask you draw, letting apps from web browsers to paint or animation programs mask out the unwanted pixels. Industry-standard Bezier curves give intuitive yet powerful control over the sprite outline. iPad owners just pick a photo, tap around a target to quickly lay down a rough curve, then fine tune the points and adjust the curve shape by dragging the control handles.
* Cut multiple sprites from a single image, save separated or as a single picture
* Save sprites as 32-bit PNG images with lossless compression
* Inline help: documentation with no internet connection needed
* Undo-redo: hey, nobody's perfect
* Optionally rescale sprites on export to fit standard 64x64, 128x128, or 256x256 resolutions
* Nudge position and scale of shape for quick adjustments to the whole shape
* Double-tap on any curve point to quickly smooth the curve
* Insert and remove points with a touch
* Save and reload curves
Not just a magical creature or atmospheric phenomenon, a sprite is a small image, stored with transparency information (called an 'alpha channel') which hides the portions of the image you don't want to see. Sprite Cutter uses standard 32-bit RGBA PNG format to save images with lossless compression, and an 8-bit antialiased alpha channel. This makes the sprites compatible with web browsers and virtually all apps which work with pictures.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 18.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sprite Cutter 1.0.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Review copies, screen shots available upon request.
PixelSplincher strives to bring fun, useful apps to your iPhone and iPad. PixelSplincher relies on decades of graphics and user experience programming chops to deliver great apps. Copyright (C) 2012 PixelSplincher. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.