May 17, 2012 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Alexandria, Virginia - Vito Technology Inc. has announced the release of new update to their top-ranked Solar Walk 3D Solar System app, which introduces extended control features for educational and exhibition use. Aimed at presentation and teaching, Solar Walk can now be locked on a specific selected celestial body in order to showcase detailed information and visual aids without distractions. Requested by planetariums and educators, this feature is now available for worldwide use.
Another great addition is new original sound track created by Astropilot exclusively for the app. Subtle ambient electronic sound helps create engaging cosmic atmosphere, praised by many educators. Here is one of the stories:
"I used this app recently when teaching Year 9 BTEC students about the composition of the Solar System and the some what unbelievable sizes of planets and our galaxy. Students were engaged from the start as I had chosen to project the animation of the solar system rotating slowly on the board as the pupils arrived. A darkened room and the music playing set the scene for the lesson and I was pleased and amazed by the engagement of the students throughout the lessons as this app made the lesson more accessible to all students." by Smartlearning Teacher of Science at Priority Community School Weston Super Mare.
Solar Walk is an interactive 3D Solar System model with 10 planets (including a dwarf planet Pluto), 20 moons of the planets, 10 satellites orbiting the Earth, over 100 of the biggest stars, and hundreds of named places on the Moon, Mars, Earth and Venus. The Time Machine feature lets users speed up time backwards or forwards, moving planets and satellites according to their real trajectories.
Solar Walk was recently updated to take full advantage of the Retina display and quad core graphics of the new iPad. The 3D Solar system model has been rebuilt with new superior graphics and content to deliver the ultimate cutting-edge experience to present day astronomers, students and romanticists.
* 3D Mode - if you have 3D glasses, you are in for a treat
* 3D Model of the Milky Way Galaxy - you can zoom out and find out exactly how it looks and where we are in it
* High Resolution Planets - zoom and rotate all planets and satellites to see every crater on the Moon or clouds on Venus.. Tap (i) to read info about any object
* Satellites - detailed 3D models of the most interesting man-made satellites, with info, history, and images
* Time Machine - how else can you show the laws of nature if not in motion
* Educational Movies - 7 explanatory movies about the most fascinating natural phenomena such as the Solar eclipse, tides, Moon phases, season change, zodiac cycle and more with multilingual subtitles and voice-over in English.
* Search - points of interests of the Earth, the Moon, Mars, and Venus
* Big Screen - connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen
* No Internet connection required
* US English, Russian, Chinese Simple (HANS), German, Italian, Japanese, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese Traditional
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 368 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Solar Walk - 3D Solar System Model 1.9.5 for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the iTunes App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Vito Technology Inc. is headed by CEO Victor Toporkov and has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile since it entered the mobile software market in 2001. The company's latest endeavors include iOS and Web 2.0 software development. Vito Technology won an Apple Design Award in 2010 for its Star Walk for iPad app. The company consists of two departments: Research & Development Department and Marketing Department with 30 employees in total. Copyright (C) 2011 Vito Technology Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.