Flight2Cal Lets Users Plan and Organize Flights Right On Their Device
June 26, 2012 in Travel
[prMac.com] Calgary (Alberta) Canada - Announcing that CABA Designs, the developer of Flight2Cal, has just released the latest update for iPhone and iPod touch users. Flight2Cal 2.1 is an all-in-one trip planning and organization app that puts the user in complete control of their travel itinerary. With this latest update, the app retains it already practical, easy to use options, and adds the ability to search online flight schedules for flights between locations.
Many travelers have an affiliation with a particular airline, and Flight2Cal 2.1 gives them the option to search all flights with a specific brand, as well as sorting results by date and time. Flights can still be entered into the app manually, without an internet connection, but this new search feature makes it faster and easier than ever to find and enter flights.
Flight2Cal 2.1 Features Include:
* No online account required
* Search for flights between locations
* Online lookup of flights for quick entry by date, airline and flight number
* Map view provides an interactive bird's-eye view of your flights
* Calendar view is a unique and efficient way of seeing your flights on a calendar, and easily change the time-zone of the calendar with a single touch
* Quick-look lets you view the statistics of a single flight or trip with just a tap
* Email export, provides an easy way to forward your itinerary from your device
* Includes a built-in, full-feature, Time Calculator for time conversion
* Works even when your device is not connected to the Internet, with a comprehensive airport/location/time-zone database built right into the app
* Save personal information such as frequent flyer numbers, phone numbers, etc. inside the app for quick reference
* Stay organized by attaching notes and/or saved information to your trip
* Simply Sync your iPhone to update your computer's calendar and/or MobileMe
Once flights are entered, users have the option of viewing their itinerary via Calendar View, which gives them a day by day rundown of their trip, or get a bird's eye view of their trip on Map View. Users can also attach notes to any trip, and store important information, such as phone numbers or passport numbers in the app for easy retrieval.
All entries are automatically synced to the device's iCalendar, which is convenient for travelers who frequently cross time-zones. When the user enters a new time-zone and changes the setting in their device, all flight times are reflected in the new, local time. Auto-syncing also gives users the ability to access their itinerary from other iOS devices.
Flight2Cal 2.1 is easy to use, and comprehensive. The only thing it won't do is actually book the flight. If the user prefers to have an assistant do the booking for them, the app provides an easy way to export the itinerary to and send it within seconds. This is also handy for sharing trips with co-travelers who need to match flights and times.
Time Calculator is a valuable tool for travelers. It's a feature within Flight2Cal 2.1, but it's really more like an app unto itself. This time converter lets users change the local date and time to show the current time in other regions of the world. It's a very useful feature for executives who frequently conduct conference calls around the world. By simply changing the local time and date within the Time Calculator, the user always knows when to join a tele-conference without memorizing time-zones or doing time conversions in their head.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
* 4.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Flight2Cal 2.1 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel and Productivity categories. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
CABA Designs is owned and operated by Colin Bruce-Alleyne, a photographer and frequent business travel who noticed a significant gap in the availability of practical travel planning apps in the App Store. This led him to develop Flight2Cal, a comprehensive travel planning and organizational app that is enjoying success in the App Store. Copyright (C) 2012 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Media Contact for CABA Designs