July 3, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Leamington Spa, United Kingdom - For the first time ever since its November 2010 release, Lead Wars will go FREE for 4th July as part of indie developer DemonStudios' INDIEpendenceDay promotion. The game offers something truly unique in the App Store with its completely original game mechanic and unlimited replay value, and has enjoyed a 4.5 star average rating from players around the world. This free promotion hopes to allow everyone who hasn't yet experience this totally original iOS title for themselves.
Normally priced at $2.99 USD, Lead Wars has always been a paid Premium title, meaning its price gives you the entire game without any ads or hidden charged via In-App Purchase. The game is only going free for a short time, but players who pick it up now get the FULL game for free, along with all future updates. DemonStudios is committed to always keeping its apps updated to make the most out of any new iOS hardware, such as being one of the first apps out there to be updated to take full advantage of the new iPad's Retina display.
Lead Wars has had many other major updates since it was launched, adding features such as play-vs-CPU, a map editor, a much-requested asynchronous online play mode and most recently an Instant Replay feature.
About the game:
Lead Wars is a turn-based strategy war game requiring smart thinking and physical skill. It simulates the real life 'old skool' pencil and paper war games which were popular in the days before portable gaming devices.
Each player controls a fleet of planes, tanks and artillery units around a hand-drawn battlefield on a piece of paper, making long curve shots and strategic moves to try and outwit and out-skill their opponent. It is a game that can be played for real with a pencil and an actual piece of paper, and the game's unique play mechanic simulates the same technique used when playing the real physical game.
* Online multiplayer: Battle Live or Asynchronously
* Single-player vs-CPU
* 2-player tabletop / pass 'n' play
* Single-player Campaign - rise up through the Army ranks
* Map Creator - create your own battlefields
* Instant Replays - replay all moves and shots in latest turn
* 22 Game Center Achievements (9 secret!) + Leaderboard
* Training missions and 90 Campaign missions
* Visual 'MoveAid' system and tips for beginners
* 9 built-in standard battlefields
* Store up to 75 custom maps
* Have up to 25 local games on the go at once
* Up to 30 online games on the go on Game Center
* Highly configurable game setup and rules of battle
* Choice of paper styles and pencil blackness
* Doodle graphics and verbal sounds, just like the real game!
* Play iPod music in the background
* Auto-rotating interface - play in any orientation
* Automatic state resume, even when app is closed
* Universal App (iPhone/iPod & iPad)
* Retina Display fully supported on iPhone/iPod & the new iPad
The best thing about playing Lead Wars on your iOS device though is you're not having to rub out your previous moves, there's no arguments whether a shot hit or not and no dangerous flying pencils! The physical dexterity required to make your move makes the game challenging but ultimately more fun and rewarding, particularly when you make that near-impossible curve shot around a wall to win the battle!
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 22.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Lead Wars 1.5 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in Leamington Spa, United Kingdom, DemonStudios Ltd was founded by James Shaughnessy in 2008. The company remained dormant while James was still working full time at Codemasters, so didn't begin trading until 2010 after he had decided to leave Codies and go back to his one-man indie-development roots. Roots which had been set many years earlier in 1998 having created Gravitation on the Net Yaroze home-brew PlayStation. The first version of Lead Wars was released by the end of 2010, and thanks to very positive feedback the game has since been given numerous major updates adding many great new features. A few other projects are in development, such as an educational LOGO programming app called Logograph, with others in the pipeline. DemonStudios plans on releasing its second (as-yet unannounced) game later this year. All Material and Software (C) 2012 DemonStudios Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.