July 13, 2012 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Studio City, California - Independent children's app developer Squeaky Frog today is pleased to announce the release of Hiding Monsters, an interactive children's book for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Developed in conjunction with Santa Monica-based Glowdot, Hiding Monsters features a different monster on each page that the user can search for in various hiding spots that change each time, so the experience is always different. The characters include classic creatures from folklore such as Bigfoot and Nessie as well as brand new monsters like Mookie the Monster.
Hiding Monsters is narrated by Tom Kenny, the voice of TV's Spongebob Squarepants, illustrated by Sesame Workshop digital artist Melanie McCall, and written by Squeaky Frog founder Mike Johnson. It features an original score by The Bonebrake Ensemble, featuring D.J. Bonebrake of the legendary punk band X.
* Simple-to-use interface for children
* 12 fully illustrated pages with animated hiding places to search and bonus interactive elements like working lamps and clocks
* Interactive elements flash after a time to provide clues when hints are turned on
* Monsters that speak dialogue when touched
* Text accompanies narration to encourage young readers
* Special surprises like a snowball and dragon smoke that has to be wiped off the screen
Hiding Monsters is the second release for Squeaky Frog, who co-developed with Glowdot, a veteran in the mobile marketplace, through the Glowdot Kids division. Glowdot is best known for their action games such as Rogue Runner and puzzlers like mentalBlock.
Hiding Hannah, Squeaky Frog's first release, received several commendations such as a Parents' Choice Recommendation and 5 stars from Famigo and Apps4Kids.
* Compatible with iPad 1 or 2
* iPhone: 3GS or later
* iPod touch, 4th generation
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 60.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Hiding Monsters 1.0 is only $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
Squeaky Frog is an independent creator of children's mobile applications for iOS and Android. It was founded in 2011 by Mike Johnson, a producer/writer/editor and father of two, with the mission to create quality mobile entertainment for his children and others. Copyright (C) 2012 Squeaky Frog LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.