Xeric Design Launches EarthDesk 6.0 With Major New Mapping Features
August 2, 2012 in Mac OSX
[prMac.com] Incline Village, Nevada - Xeric Design has released EarthDesk 6.0, a major upgrade to its award-winning, real-time dynamic desktop map. EarthDesk replaces your static desktop with an image of the Earth showing current sun, moon and city illumination, as well as global cloud coverage. The software operates silently in the background, keeping your desktop updated while you work. Among the many improvements are map grid lines, plotting of cities, tracking the International Space Station and new shading options.
We've listened to user feedback and created the most significant upgrade in years, while reducing the memory requirement by up to 75% over previous versions.
Major new features introduced in EarthDesk 60 include:
* All new city database with support for adding, editing and removing of cities
* EarthDesk can now label and plot user-selected cities on any map display
* Maps can include a configurable overlay of latitude and longitude lines
* The intensity of the night darkness shadow can now be easily adjusted
* New moonlight shading options provide more control over the map appearance
* Displays the current positions of the sun and moon over the Earth
* Plots the current location of the International Space Station
* Creates named collections of settings (presets) to quickly change perspectives
* Updated political map with current borders including South Sudan
* New Globe and Azimuthal positioning controls provide finer control
EarthDesk is built for modern systems and the latest OS:
* Improved appearance in Mission Control
* Support for modern machines with dual GPUs
* Supports for MacBook Pro Retina Display systems
* Ready for Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8)
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Single-user copies may be purchased for $24.95 (USD). Upgrades are available for $12.95 for licensed users of version 5 and $17.95 for licensed users of versions 1, 2, 3, and 4. High-resolution cloud access is available starting at $9.95 for a single user. A bundle including EarthDesk and high-res cloud access costs $32.95. For more details, please refer to our website. Editorial Review copies and high-resolution screenshots are available to qualified persons upon request.
Xeric Design, based in Incline Village, Nevada, is a leader in global time and mapping software. Its flagship product, EarthDesk, for both Macintosh and Windows, is enjoyed by users in more than 140 countries. Copyright (C) 2012 Xeric Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.