August 15, 2012 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] Lethbridge, AB, Canada - Apps & More Software Design, Inc. has announced Script Timer 2.6.3, a Mountain Lion compatible version of its popular script, Automator workflow, and application scheduling utility for Mac OS X. As well as being Mountain Lion compatible the new version has an updated user interface and addresses stability issues that were occurring in Lion. With a focus on ease-of-use, Script Timer can schedule the execution of AppleScript, Perl, and shell scripts, as well as applications and Automator workflows.
Script Timer's user-friendly Drag and Drop interface makes it easy to set up any schedule. The application ships with more than half a dozen sample scripts that illustrate its use, including examples of Finder and third party application scripting. Schedule such diverse tasks as system maintenance, file backups, playing music, personal reminders, email and Internet downloads, data logging and much more.
Also included are Track Timer, a powerful controller that provides an interface between Script Timer and iTunes for automated music play, and Job Timer, a script designed to allow the user to automatically keep track of the time spent on various jobs without having to remember to turn timers on and off.
Among Script Timer's most important features is the ability to specify scheduling times down to the second. No other multipurpose scheduling program schedules to times below the minute. This makes Script Timer particularly suited for professional sound scheduling needs.
Scheduling options include:
* Specific times of the day, week, month, or year
* At regular intervals ranging from seconds to weeks
* When the computer enters or leaves an idle state
* Just before the computer goes to sleep or just after it wakes up
* When logging in or out of a user account (logout actions not available in Mountain Lion)
* When a specified application launches or quits
Using a feature called Dynamic Scheduling, users can arrange for an AppleScript to schedule on-the-fly one or more other scripts, applications, or workflows at times of its choice.
Popular uses include:
* Automated execution of any task from checking the mail to emptying the trash
* Desktop publishing font cleanup
* Software development build scheduling
* Office file maintenance
* Home or in the office reminders
* Public and Internet radio stations
* In churches, where Track Timer runs the electronic carillon
* Sound consultants who provide music environments for malls and businesses
* Individuals who want to wake up to or come home to music
* Self-empoyed graphic artists who want to automatically keep track of time spent on various jobs for billing
Script Timer consists of three separate modules; Script Timer itself, used to create and manipulate scheduling data files, a background Scheduling Engine that reads the data files and does the actual scheduling work, and an optional Status Monitor whose icon appears in the system status bar on the right of the main menu bar.
The Status Monitor facilitates the control of the Scheduling Engine, displays its current status, and can be used to open the Script Timer application. A log file records each action, including error messages and optional messages returned from a script, allowing for easy troubleshooting and script results recording.
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 or later
* 4.5 MB Hard Drive space
* An installed BSD package (the default installation)
Pricing and Availability:
A single user license is priced at only $12.00 USD. A Site License (25 users) may be purchased for only $300.00 USD. Worldwide and Academic licenses are also available. A full-featured, 30-day demo is available. Version 2.6.3 is a free update for all registered users of Version 2.0 and later, and is a recommended update for all customers running OS X 10.6 or later. As well as receiving the bundled scripts with the program, upon registering Script Timer customers will receive a URL and password to access at least eight additional scripts, including a script to schedule QuickTime movies.
Located in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, Apps & More Software Design, Inc. is a privately funded company founded in 1998 by Donald Hall. Leveraging his longtime experience from the engineering field, Donald's main focus has been to develop powerful, versatile scheduling tools for the Mac platform. As well as its ongoing scheduling software development, Apps & More develops applications for iOS. Copyright 1998-2012 Apps & More Software Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple and the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.