August 27, 2012 in Image Editing
[prMac.com] Zoetermeer, Netherlands - VeprIT is pleased to announce Photo Sense 1.8.0, a major update of its flagship product. Photo Sense is a powerful, but very easy to use photo editing software for Mac OS and iOS. Its younger brother Photo Sense Lite is also updated to version 1.2.0.
VeprIT Photo Sense is designed to make photographs more attractive quickly and easily, without spending a lot of time and money on learning, purchasing, and using professional photo manipulation software. Photo Sense enhances photos automatically, and allows users to customize results to their liking. It ensures that the users get great results very quickly by supporting batch processing and image settings synchronization. In addition, the users can apply various creative effects.
In more detail, Photo Sense 1.8.0 provides:
* Professional image enhancement techniques automatically applied to multiple photographs
* Results customization at two levels: semi-automatic and manual
* Batch processing (working with multiple images at a time) in automatic and semi-automatic modes
* Image settings synchronization between photographs (including manual adjustments) to speed-up the workflow
* Crop and straighten tool (its settings can be synchronized between images of the same size, providing batch operation)
* Batch image rotation
* Batch image resizing (down-sampling)
* Batch image format conversion
* A number of creative effects (applied in a batch mode)
* Non-destructive operation
* Convenient ways to compare photos before and after processing, including a side-by-side comparison
Instead of adjusting every photograph manually, as required in traditional image editors, the user can let Photo Sense process multiple photos completely automatically. Then the user can choose to save the automatic results and finish, or to improve them. In semi-automatic mode, it is possible to choose what adjustments should be applied to particular photographs. Moreover, the user can fine-tune the results manually. Finally, the photos can be given an artistic finishing touch by applying creative effects.
The unique automatic photo enhancement algorithm implemented in Photo Sense embraces everything its developers learned during over 4 years of professional photography experience. The only shortcoming the application has compared to manual processing is the lack of human vision, which sometimes can lead to a suboptimal choice of automatic image processing parameters. With the tools provided by Photo Sense (two customization levels, batch processing, image settings synchronization etc.) the user can easily and quickly perfect the automatic results.
New in Photo Sense 1.8.0 and Photo Sense Lite 1.2.0
This major update brings the creative effects in Photo Sense and Photo Sense Lite to a new level. In addition to choosing the pre-defined color presets, the user can now stylize photos by applying various textures, noise, and vignetting. In addition, this update brings the following (note that manual adjustments and saving multiple files are not present in Photo Sense Lite):
* Several new pre-defined creative effects.
* Images are now first cropped, then processed. This slightly decreases the crop tool performance, but improves the automatic enhancement results and performance, because the processing is now based only on the most important (cropped) image part. It also improves manual adjustment performance for cropped photos. As a result, after cropping, the image look may significantly change.
User interface improvements:
* Undo/Redo functionality within the Manual Adjustment window
* Option to apply changes immediately in the Processing Options and Effects panels
* Pre-defined effects are now grouped by types for easier access
* In the Save Multiple Files panel, tokens are now inserted at the cursor position, not only to the end
* Mac OS Application Sandboxing support (only in the Mac App Store version)
* Manual Adjustment window could sometimes suddenly switch to another image
* Cropped photos could sometimes look different in the Manual Adjustment window
* The Reset Crop&Straighten Settings command did not update the image shown in the Manual Adjustment window
* Illegal characters in output file names could cause problems when saving
Photo Sense 1.8.0 and Photo Sense Lite 1.2.0 require a 64-bit Intel-based Apple computer with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Photo Sense 1.7.2 and earlier versions also work on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard). Photo Sense for iOS requires iOS 4.2 or later. iPhone 4 or later is highly recommended for performance reasons.
Pricing and Availability:
A trial version of Photo Sense (with disabled results saving) is freely available for download at the application webpage.
The current price is 22 Euro. The license can be purchased from VeprIT online. Photo Sense is also available on the Mac App Store. Photo Sense Lite is only available on the Mac App Store. Photo Sense for iOS is available on the iTunes Store.
VeprIT is a bootstrapped software company based in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, founded in the beginning of 2011. VeprIT develops its own products and provides custom software development services. Currently VeprIT offers image/photo editing software products for Mac OS and iOS. These products aim at hiding all the image processing complexity behind a very simple and intuitive user interface. VeprIT also offers custom software development and consulting services focusing on Mac OS, iOS, and embedded systems.
Copyright (C) 2011-2012 VeprIT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.