Zygoat announces First Assistant post-production tool for Mac
August 28, 2012 in Multimedia
[prMac.com] Vancouver, Canada - Zygoat Creative Technical Services today is pleased to announce the immediate availability of First Assistant, a new utility for film and video post-production professionals. First Assistant is a multi-purpose data management tool designed to aid offline editors and assistant editors in the production and post-production workflow. Developed by an assistant editor with experience in MOWs and television, First Assistant makes it easy to:
* Manage timecode-based editorial notes for creating asset lists and cue sheets (e.g., for ADR, VFX, stock footage)
* Convert whole documents between timecode formats with one click (e.g., from 23.98 NDF to 29.97 DF pull-down)
* Import from a Final Cut Pro timeline, and export text-based files for Microsoft Excel
* Track scene timings (including page counts, estimated and production timings) during prep and editorial assembly
* Perform versatile sorting, filtering, and summarizing
In addition, First Assistant provides a stand-alone timecode calculator and conversion tool that's always at the ready. A User's Guide and example files are included.
Pricing and Availability:
First Assistant is available today for $49 (USD), and a free trial version can be downloaded at Zygoat online. First Assistant is also available in the Mac App Store. First Assistant requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer; 10.7 or 10.8 are recommended.
Zygoat Creative Technical Services is a computing and communications consulting proprietorship operated by Ben Kennedy in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. In addition to Mac OS X and iOS software design, Ben also works in film and video post-production and is himself an amateur musician. Copyright (C) 2012 Zygoat Creative Technical Services. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Chief Magician (owner)