September 11, 2012 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Novosibirsk, Russian Federation - The Alice Dev Team today is pleased to announce Security Camera 2.3 for Mac OS X, an update to their utility that allows users to secretly snap a time-stamped, security ID photo of any person taking the user's Mac out of sleep mode. In addition, the app may be used to create a face log of the owner, saving a record of their expressions over time. Among the app's newest features are: application password protection, auto-sync of photos with a Dropbox account, and an adjustable time interval before arming the app. An immediate success when released, the application is now "sandboxed," fully Mountain Lion compatible, and in compliance with Apple's stringent requirements for inclusion on the Mac App Store. The app was developed in cooperation with the design studio Unlike Productions.
* Automatically snaps a photo when the Mac is awakened from sleep mode
* Saves images at a resolution of 640x480
* Optional auto-sync of photos with the user's Dropbox account
* In the event the user's Mac is stolen, a photo of the thief can be found in Dropbox
* User-friendly interface and no need for further configuration
* Access to the Security Camera application may be password protected
* Access to the app's Captured Photos folder is also password protected
* Operates instantly and silently and does not add any additional CPU load when armed
* Will not interfere with other applications running automatically
* Application menu bar icon
* Adjustable arm timer - set app to be armed after 30sec/1min/3min/5min/15min/30min
* Application preferences may be set to load the app at startup or login
Uses for the App:
* Verify that children have not turned on the computer without permission
* Obtain evidence of parents, partners, roommates, or co-workers making unauthorized use of the computer
* Capture a photo to Dropbox of the thief, should the computer be stolen
* Store a log of the user's haircuts and mood
* Create a weekly photo archive for a personal diary
* Get fresh, candid pictures for posting on blogs or social networks
* Track the user's health based on everyday pictures
"Get Security Camera today to spare yourself from worrying about the security of your personal data and document your life at the same time," stated developer and CEO Stanislav Kuptsov. "Join the thousands of customers who rely on Security Camera. And Security Camera 2.3 is ready for Mountain Lion."
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later (Mountain Lion compatible)
* Mac with built-in camera
Pricing and Availability:
Security Camera 2.3 is $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available on request.
Located in Novosibirsk, Russian Federation, the Alice Dev Team is a small, independent, professional software team founded in 2008 by Stanislav Kuptsov and Pavel Malay. Alice Dev designs and develops games, utilities, entertainment, and social applications for the Mac platform while aiming to create apps that give their customers joy. Their Mac utility Memory Cleaner is also ranked in the top five Mac App Store paid utilities worldwide. Copyright (C) 2012 Alice Dev Team. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.